Solar on 2021 Imagine Xls 22 RBE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar on 2021 Imagine Xls 22 RBE

I've almost completed the wiring for my solar installation. Before completing this last task, I have a couple of questions.

When I hook up to shore power ( normally, they have breakers ), I use my surge protector. I'd also use it when using a generator.

1. Do I need a breaker just prior to the Victron inverter I've installed?

2. The two holes I drilled in the pass-through.....should I leave them open or fill them with expanding foam?

After this is complete, I'll be finished with the exception of solar panel installation. I'll add pictures later.

Thanks,

John

John & Jurie

Caretakers for Coco and Daisy

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
    2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2014 Toyota Tacoma TRD Sport
    ​​​​​​​2021 Transcend 260RB
    2017 Jayco 26BH
    2020 Winnebago Micro Minnie 2108 FBS

1 - I did not install a breaker on the input from shore power to the inverter.
    2 - Yes I would fill those holes with something.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by J & J Bumblebee View Post
      Do I need a breaker just prior to the Victron inverter I've installed?
      Where does the input to the inverter originate? Do you have a schematic showing the wiring?

Like Brian, there's nothing between the EMS and input of the inverter on my 315RLTS. (Only one side of the 50A since I have the original Multiplus, not the Multiplus II.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-24 111233.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	132706

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I've almost completed the wiring for my solar installation. Before completing this last task, I have a couple of questions.

When I hook up to shore power ( normally, they have breakers ), I use my surge protector. I'd also use it when using a generator.

1. Do I need a breaker just prior to the Victron inverter I've installed?

2. The two holes I drilled in the pass-through.....should I leave them open or fill them with expanding foam?

After this is complete, I'll be finished with the exception of solar panel installation. I'll add pictures later.

Thanks,

John
        I have a 30A breaker between shore power/Automatic transfer Switch and Generator/Automatic Transfer Switch.

I would fill the holes in your pass-through.
        Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

Where does the input to the inverter originate? Do you have a schematic showing the wiring?

Like Brian, there's nothing between the EMS and input of the inverter on my 315RLTS. (Only one side of the 50A since I have the original Multiplus, not the Multiplus II.)

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-04-24 111233.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	132706

Here is a drawing Click image for larger version

Name:	Inverter-3.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	132716
          John & Jurie

2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2017 Jayco 26BH

Comment

Here is a drawing
            As long as the source is protected by an appropriate sized breaker (source in this case being the pedestal or generator) I don't see the need for an additional one. To me it's no different than plugging in an extension cord to a home outlet and then a drill, light, compressor (whatever) into the other end of the extension cord. As long as the household outlet is protected by a breaker, and the extension cord is rated for the load, there's no problem.

But I'm not an electrician, so will be interested to read what others will say.

Howard
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Well, the deed is done, and it's up and working.

I didn't install a breaker, and I'm in the process of filling the holes in the pass-through.

Thanks!
              John & Jurie

2021 Imagine XLS 22 RBE

2017 Jayco 26BH

Comment

Working...
              X