factory solar and battery disconnect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirMarkofATX View Post

I have a 310GK with factory Jaboni solar. On my unit the solar charges the batteries even when the disconnect is "off". When I pickup the rig from storage the batteries are fully charged.
    Note: When the unit was new this was not the case. I found the batteries completely dead (like Frank W) a couple of times. The problem turned out to be a poor connection from the solar panels to the solar controller was causing intermittent failuers.

Mark
    That's helpful information, Mark--thank you. I hope Willardsco sees this and checks to ensure his solar is working correctly.

Edit: I also see that was your first post. Awesome! Welcome to the technical forum and hope you'll continue to contribute.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Yes, thank you very much. Too Costco soon to get two new batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by SirMarkofATX View Post

I have a 310GK with factory Jaboni solar. On my unit the solar charges the batteries even when the disconnect is "off". When I pickup the rig from storage the batteries are fully charged.
        Note: When the unit was new this was not the case. I found the batteries completely dead (like Frank W) a couple of times. The problem turned out to be a poor connection from the solar panels to the solar controller was causing intermittent failuers.

Mark
        Not that Mark needs a backup but mine (I also have the 310 with solar option) was wired the same way with a wire right from the solar controller to the batteries - no disconnect (it was marked well). I plan to put a disconnect somewhere in the line from controller to batteries.

Comment

Working...
        X