No announcement yet.

23BHE ongoing projects?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Put on my diagram of how some 7-pin junction boxes are wired.
    Copied & added some text to up your SmartDraw drawing. I was thinking the RED going to the 30A CB on right side may be paired with the RED-BLK wire at frame ground to unknown, maybe schwintek or solar port, or a jack?

Splicing the shore power10/2 w ground to the wire/cord you run to the Multiplus could be a set screw splice or some type.
    Gardner Bender Butt Splice Wire Connectors Model #HST-1300
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/Gardner-Ben...ors/1000797068

Ideal 30-1294G Mechanical Conn, Set Screw, 10-18 Awg, Pk10
    https://www.amazon.com/Mechanical-Co...dp/B000LEZGEK/

TT - 7-Pin Junction Box -1.pdf
    Click image for larger version

Name:	TT 7-Pin Junction Box-1.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	79.8 KB
ID:	24010
    Click image for larger version

Name:	DC Wiring - Markup.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	65.4 KB
ID:	24009
    Attached Files
    Gene and Kim
    2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
    2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Thanks! The red (8WG) is paired with a smaller red, both coming off the CB load side, but as for pairing somewhere with the red/black strip coming off the frame ground, I'm not sure. All three run to the power dist center.

Re the shore plug, wont I need to extend the hot, neutral and ground all to the MultiPlus? Similar splices for each?

In terms of what is on the diagram, do you see any places where wires will just come out? Or does the frame ground and CB stay where they are?

Best regards

Famtraveler24
      Last edited by Famtraveler24; 07-11-2020, 03:23 PM.
      Famtraveler24
      2021 Imagine 2800BH
      2019 Ford Expedition Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by Famtraveler24 View Post
        Thanks! The red (8WG) is paired with a smaller red, both coming off the CB load side, but as for pairing somewhere with the red/black strip coming off the frame ground, I'm not sure. All three run to the power dist center.

Re the shore plug, wont I need to extend the hot, neutral and ground all to the MultiPlus? Similar splices for each?

In terms of what is on the diagram, do you see any places where wires will just come out? Or does the frame ground and CB stay where they are?

Best regards

Famtraveler24
        On the smaller RD & RD-BK, from the photo looked like it might be a parallel bonded / zip cord type wire that GD uses throughout the RV on DC circuits and might run to a device.
        I'd pull the drawers and power center out enough to look behind it to start looking and tracing how all the wires are connect and find the one's coming from the frame.

Shore Power - Yes the 3 wires (H,N,G) will each have to be spliced to the wire that runs to the Multiplus's AC Input.
        One of the splices can do the 3 wires at the same time. Or you can do it in a small junction box for each wire.

The wires down on the frame probably won't change except the wires that go to existing battery.
        Mainly because you can't easily relocate the wires that are down there.
        The +DC from your new + DC Busbar,in the passthru will connect to the same place on the 30A CB so what's on the CB will still get DC power.
        The -DC from your new - DC Busbar will go to the frame where the BK 8 Awg currently connects.
        Last edited by gbkims; 07-12-2020, 07:57 PM.
        Gene and Kim
        2015 Grand Design Reflection 317RST
        2017 RAM 3500 CC, LB, 4x2, 6.7L CTD

Comment

Thanks so much. Extremely helpful. Will pull the power center and do some more sleuthing.
          Famtraveler24
          2021 Imagine 2800BH
          2019 Ford Expedition Platinum

Comment

Working...
          X