Jaboni Bluetooth Solar App Information

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jaboni Bluetooth Solar App Information

Don't miss the update posted by Sandridge4 in this thread! The PDF that used to be here was deleted as it is no longer applicable.

The picture below is an FYI showing it is possible to substitute the bluetooth with a display. In other words, it's one or the other (not both).

Click image for larger version  Name:	MC Controller.JPG Views:	1045 Size:	32.3 KB ID:	57696
    Last edited by howson; 02-04-2023, 07:10 AM.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

If you are using Jaboni products the app has changed to “Future Link” the “Solar App” in the documentation no longer works. See attached for new app.
    Attached Files
    Scott & Mikaela
    2022 375 RES
    2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
      Don't miss the update posted by Sandridge4 in this thread! The PDF that used to be here was deleted as it is no longer applicable.

The picture below is an FYI showing it is possible to substitute the bluetooth with a display. In other words, it's one or the other (not both).

Click image for larger version Name:	MC Controller.JPG Views:	1045 Size:	32.3 KB ID:	57696
      howson The factory-installed LCD display for our Jaboni 30 AMP MPPT solar charge controller has apparently failed. Can we substitute a Renogy Bluetooth module as a plug-in-play solution to monitor charging and battery status? Or, is there another BT module that should be used with the Jaboni controller?
      Attached Files
      Last edited by Villager; 06-27-2023, 10:03 PM. Reason: Add photo
      Chuck & Vicki
      2021 Momentum 320G w/ 8,000 lb axles & disc brakes
      VIN: 573FM3822M1119697
      2020 Ram Laramie 3500 w/ Cummins 6.7L turbo diesel, 4 x 4, SRW, short bed, air suspension, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Villager View Post
        Can we substitute a Renogy Bluetooth module as a plug-in-play solution to monitor charging and battery status? Or, is there another BT module that should be used with the Jaboni controller?
        I don't think so based on the specifications in the owner's manual. The Jaboni 30A MPPT's port utilizes the "RVC" protocol. The 40A Jaboni MPPT (the one shown in the post's diagram above) utilizes RS485. When GD switched from the 30A to the 40A the old display was not utilized (incompatible).

So what do you do? If the budget will allow, replace the Jaboni with a Victron SmartSolar MPPT. (If you're not sure which size please start a new thread with the requirements and there are plenty of folks here who can help.) Second option is to call GD. The 30A models were prone to failure and were replaced with the 40A model along with a bluetooth adapter. If GD still has these they may send you one as a courtesy if you're willing to install it yourself.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post

I don't think so based on the specifications in the owner's manual. The Jaboni 30A MPPT's port utilizes the "RVC" protocol. The 40A Jaboni MPPT (the one shown in the post's diagram above) utilizes RS485. When GD switched from the 30A to the 40A the old display was not utilized (incompatible).

So what do you do? If the budget will allow, replace the Jaboni with a Victron SmartSolar MPPT. (If you're not sure which size please start a new thread with the requirements and there are plenty of folks here who can help.) Second option is to call GD. The 30A models were prone to failure and were replaced with the 40A model along with a bluetooth adapter. If GD still has these they may send you one as a courtesy if you're willing to install it yourself.

Howard
          howson Thank you for the prompt response. Spoke to GD and confirmed the LCD display has failed. (See photo) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2501.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	115288 Since we are on a multi-month trip, the simple solution is to replace the display so we can continue to monitor solar charge status, etc. Thus, we have ordered a replacement from GD for approx $100 shipped to our next campground. Following this trip, we will consider the upgrade to Victron equipment described above.
          Chuck & Vicki
          2020 Ram Laramie 3500 w/ Cummins 6.7L turbo diesel, 4 x 4, SRW, short bed, air suspension, Andersen Ultimate Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Villager View Post

howson Thank you for the prompt response. Spoke to GD and confirmed the LCD display has failed. (See photo) Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2501.jpg
Views:	816
Size:	199.3 KB
ID:	115288 Since we are on a multi-month trip, the simple solution is to replace the display so we can continue to monitor solar charge status, etc. Thus, we have ordered a replacement from GD for approx $100 shipped to our next campground. Following this trip, we will consider the upgrade to Victron equipment described above.
            Update: We received the new ~$100 Jaboni display sent by GD and it worked perfectly for approx 3 weeks before the new display failed. The power button on the display still turns the solar off and on, but the display is totally blank. It has been blank for several days while connected to shore power and with the solar turned off. I spoke to GD customer service to document the failure, but I’m holding off having a replacement sent due to our travels that will not conclude until mid-September. Seems the 40A model w/ Bluetooth noted by howson above would be a better solution.
            Chuck & Vicki

Comment

Villager

If you decide to ditch Jaboni all together, consider a Victron SmartSolar 100/30. No display needed with the Victron--you can connect to it from your phone via bluetooth.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	647
Size:	352.5 KB
ID:	117083

Below is an example of what you'll see on your phone (it's my solar setup's activity as of this very moment):

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	621
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	117084

Note the 100/30 version of the Victron was chosen since the 30A Jaboni seems to work for you. Victron has a whole series of models with more capacity should you choose to add more panels to your array.

I have no connection to Victron other than being a huge "fanboy". Victron gear isn't the least expensive kit available, but it is awesome (IMHO).

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

Just an FYI, the Nov 2023 android OS updates from Samsung seem to have broken the FutureLink app. It no longer works on either of our phones. It still works on an older Galaxy Note 9 that doesn't receive OS updates any longer. Oddly, the old SolarAPP now works on the newer phones (sometimes).
                2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn
                2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin

Comment

Originally posted by ajg617 View Post
                  Just an FYI, the Nov 2023 android OS updates from Samsung seem to have broken the FutureLink app. It no longer works on either of our phones. It still works on an older Galaxy Note 9 that doesn't receive OS updates any longer. Oddly, the old SolarAPP now works on the newer phones (sometimes).
                  I just took ownership of a 28G and the destructions are clear as mud. Checked online, found the reference to the Future Link app, downloaded, didn't work. Then figured out that they meant Solar App on the paperwork, not what you expect to see when it reads search Solar app and hundreds of apps come up and they're all for solar, it should have read Solar App srne, downloaded it and it worked. Still searching for how things work.

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead78 View Post

I just took ownership of a 28G and the destructions are clear as mud. Checked online, found the reference to the Future Link app, downloaded, didn't work. Then figured out that they meant Solar App on the paperwork, not what you expect to see when it reads search Solar app and hundreds of apps come up and they're all for solar, it should have read Solar App srne, downloaded it and it worked. Still searching for how things work.
                    Contact FSI - they sent me a new Bluetooth module after testing against phones similar to mine. Surprised you found SolarApp as the version I had was no longer on Google PlayStore.
                    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar, factory gen, 8K axles with discs, W/D, Heat Pump, Gen 2 Goosebox, Battleborn

Comment

Originally posted by Jarhead78 View Post

I had Jaboni components until last month and a few issues. Alex at FSI was very responsive and took care of all my issues and was quick to ship replacement parts whenever needed. His contact info is below.
                      Scott & Mikaela
                      2022 375 RES
                      2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by Sandridge4 View Post

I had Jaboni components until last month and a few issues. Alex at FSI was very responsive and took care of all my issues and was quick to ship replacement parts whenever needed. His contact info is below.
                        Alex has been great. Helped me out and shipped me equipment twice now.

Comment

Working...
                        X