Running new wiring for a solar setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

How is that angled wall in the bath attached. If it can be removed you could run into the belly and forward - a lot shorter distance than the wiring goes now.

Just a thought - they are probably running 10 awg from the existing panels now. You could follow the same route, but go in series on the panels to up the voltage and possible go with 8 awg or 6 awg and the wire would still be flexible enough to run the same route the existing does.

Trying to brainstorm here

Keith

On edit - how did they get the stock wiring to the inverter - through the attic? If so you could use one of the existing wires and pull the new through, but uses a double ended pull rope so you can pull the original wire back.
    The angled wall is easy to pull back....in fact it does it all by itself That's one of my options for this install.

The factory wiring from the combiner box to the solar charge controller runs through the roof trusses (attic). I didn't even think to use the factory 10g wires to pull through some 6 or 8 gauge wires, thanks, that is worth a try. I would much rather use the existing hole and upgrade the combiner box. I will still need to go from the storage area to the control panel (the "OHC" on the other side of the angled vent wall), but I'm thinking about going under the floor and up through the vent chase for that.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

The angled wall is easy to pull back....in fact it does it all by itself That's one of my options for this install.

The factory wiring from the combiner box to the solar charge controller runs through the roof trusses (attic). I didn't even think to use the factory 10g wires to pull through some 6 or 8 gauge wires, thanks, that is worth a try. I would much rather use the existing hole and upgrade the combiner box. I will still need to go from the storage area to the control panel (the "OHC" on the other side of the angled vent wall), but I'm thinking about going under the floor and up through the vent chase for that.
      interesting, my 2022 does not have the angled wall. Instead it has this bump out in the bedroom. How hard is it to remove these panels? With that much cable span for the factory wiring I can almost guarantee it's zip tied to something, but if you try and use it to pull other wire through please post up!
      Attached Files
      2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
      2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
      x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Comment

NickinCO

The trim should be just held on with pin nails, at least that is what I have found and everyone seems to have problems with trim falling off. You should be able to pop it off to see what is behind, the paneling should be the same.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by NickinCO View Post

interesting, my 2022 does not have the angled wall. Instead it has this bump out in the bedroom. How hard is it to remove these panels? With that much cable span for the factory wiring I can almost guarantee it's zip tied to something, but if you try and use it to pull other wire through please post up!
          You have a skylight in the bedroom? 2021 does not have that :(

the corner trim piece is the most difficult. They're usually held on by small staples.
          Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post

You have a skylight in the bedroom? 2021 does not have that :(

the corner trim piece is the most difficult. They're usually held on by small staples.
            Yes it has a fan in the bedroom. I think I’ve decided to go all in on this. I’ll make a new post when I actually start the install. Still debating between following the vent pipe or drilling into the front cap and going directly into the closet. Either way I’m patching a hole, I’m honestly leaning towards going into the front cap so I know it’s done correctly and it will be easy to reseal. I’m going to try and get some info from GD to see if there’s anything in the roof truss’ in that area first. Maybe use a bore scope behind a panel if I have to before actually drilling. 👍
            2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
            2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
            x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Comment

Working...
            X