Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Regional calculator for solar power creation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regional calculator for solar power creation?

There used to be a website (Renogy?) that had a calculator for power creation based on region, time of year, panel size, and orientation. Anyone remember or have a link?
    2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
    2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
    x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

I've been following your trailer power usage thread as I too have been calculating mine and recently purchased a 200ah lifepo4. I'm going to ask you some questions over there about your dewalt battery box.

Here is the solar calculator I've been using https://pvwatts.nrel.gov/pvwatts.php

You can enter the zip code you want info for and it will give you a monthly breakdown of your solar output. Be sure to adjust the system losses by selecting the calculator sign as it accounts for some downtime automatically and a few other variables.

Comment

Thanks! Starting to rethink my solar needs. 412ah at 80% SOC with the fridge on was fully charged by 11am this morning with the factory 300w panel. I turned the solar on at 9am. With good sun until 5-6pm I think it would take my battery to fully charged by the end of the day with the fridge running.
      2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
      2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
      x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Comment

Working...
      X