2022 Momentum 395MS - Solar prep location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Momentum 395MS - Solar prep location

Can someone tell me where I should expect the internal part of the prep to be? I know some models it comes out in a heating vent but wanted to make sure before I start tearing that area apart.
    Todd & Steph
    2022 Momentum 395MS-R
    2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Diesel

Originally posted by bsonposh View Post
    Can someone tell me where I should expect the internal part of the prep to be? I know some models it comes out in a heating vent but wanted to make sure before I start tearing that area apart.
    Maybe I missed something...but solar prep wires coming out of a heat vent? Not to my knowledge, Todd (I assume).

In fifth wheels most of the items like the furnace, converter, and a multitude of other components are behind the false wall, aft section of the storage bay. This is usually underneath the bathroom / step area.

To ensure we're discussing the same wiring--using the phrase solar prep to me means the wires that go from a solar panel to a solar controller, then from the solar controller to the battery. If you mean inverter prep that's an entirely different set of wires.
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

howson

"Solar prep" means there is a roof entry gland and wiring that comes down either in the pass thru or in the front bay.

"Solar Package" means there is a panel, entry gland, wiring and solar controller installed on the unit.

There should be no wires in a heating duct. I would guess that they are either behind the false wall in the pass thru or in the front storage above the battery.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Yes... we have "solar prep" not a solar package. I assumed (like other GDs and RVs) that "solar prep" simply means they have a conduit from the entry gland and somewhere in the RV. I guess I am looking for that "somewhere."
        Todd & Steph
        2022 Momentum 395MS-R
        2018 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie Diesel

Comment

Originally posted by bsonposh View Post
          Yes... we have "solar prep" not a solar package. I assumed (like other GDs and RVs) that "solar prep" simply means they have a conduit from the entry gland and somewhere in the RV. I guess I am looking for that "somewhere."
          What you've written was true. Current 395M's come standard with a small solar panel but no inverter. There's an option to purchase a larger panel and have an inverter factory-installed.

My point in stating that news is to convey how difficult it is to say with any certainty where something is (or isn't) in any RV. The constant evolution in features added (or removed) and the substitution of components makes it a dizzying task to try and keep up. (Frankly, I don't try!)

What I can state for certain is there is a +12v wire connected to the self-resetting circuit breaker bank that is meant to connect to the +12V "battery" input on a solar controller on your 395. Through some CSI you'll find the wires. If all else fails, call your dealer and/or GD Customer Service.

I've dug through my archives and found pictures from 2020 of how Momentum 5th Wheels are (were?) wired. I doubt it's the same today--point is to show that the starting point (as written in the paragraph above before I went looking for a picture).

Good luck with the hunt and please post back when you find the wiring.

Again-the pictures below are dated (circa 2020) so they are "for reference only". I have no idea if your 2022 Momentum is wired the same.

Click image for larger version

Name:	MO FW 1.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	89031

Click image for larger version

Name:	MO FW 2.jpg
Views:	371
Size:	124.8 KB
ID:	89032

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Working...
          X