Solar Build Sheet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solar Build Sheet

I have a 2021 295RL that has been wired for solar.

I have been out looking at the new 295RL's that are on the lot.. and they all have Solar and the refrigerator is a 12v refrigerator.

Can we get a build sheet or a parts list for the solar install on the 2022 295RL?
    Can we get a model number of the refrigerator used for this install?
    2021 Reflection 295RL
    2004 Dodge 2500 Ram

US Navy CPO(ret)

If you call GD Customer Service they may give you the information you are seeking. As far as I know , and things are changing almost daily, they are using the Furrion 12 v dc fridge in most units, 10 cu ft. The solar is usually a single panel around 200 watts and a Furrion controller 30 or 50 amps depending on the solar panel size.

If you are looking to add solar I would suggest to build your own system rather than buying factory items, this will be cheaper and you will probably have a better system. I have added solar, lithium, and a Furrion 12 v dc fridge, all after market items.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Also moved to the Solar Channel.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by dohertycm View Post
        I have a 2021 295RL that has been wired for solar.

I have been out looking at the new 295RL's that are on the lot.. and they all have Solar and the refrigerator is a 12v refrigerator.

Can we get a build sheet or a parts list for the solar install on the 2022 295RL?
        Can we get a model number of the refrigerator used for this install?
        If you go here: https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...y/parts-lookup
        Then select Reflection 2022, 295RL 150 Series, Electrical you can find the Solar Components starting with "solar" and also the "Inverter".
        Pat and Karen
        2021 Solitude 310GK, Full Body Paint, Dual Pane Windows, Heat Pump, Slide Toppers, Solar, MORryde 7K IS w/Disc Brakes, Splendide W/D Stacked Pair

Comment

dohertycm

I second Brian's advice with an additional input: first step is to determine the end system's array capacity based your usage and travel patterns. A factory setup could be OK (certainly a lot less work!) but if the requirement is more than provided upgrading could lead to replacing all the components or compromising on the setup.

Think of it this way--someone says they "need a truck". OK...a Ford Ranger, a Peterbilt or something in between? If they are going to haul a trailer (part of an 18-wheel setup) the Ranger is a ridiculous option, right? But if the truck will just be a way to pick up a few bags of mulch from the local big box store the Peterbilt suddenly is the ridiculous choice.

As I've mentioned many times here on this forum, consider buying Will Prowse' Mobile Power Made Easy! book off Amazon. Then in the comfort of a lounge chair, work through the chapters to gain the knowledge required to make an informed decision.

Howard
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you very much, I have ordered the book and will continue my research.
            And understand the end use theory, do the same with computers as well.

2021 Reflection 295RL
            2004 Dodge 2500 Ram

US Navy CPO(ret)

Comment

Working...
            X