Winter Solar Controller question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Winter Solar Controller question.

I have a 2022 22 MLE with the Furrion 165W Solar panel. My question is that I take out my batteries in the winter, but the solar charge controller is still lit up. I also have the main battery switch in the off position. I don't see any off switch for the Solar charge controller, so is it ok to just leave it on, or is there something else I should be doing? Thank you for your thoughts.

Originally posted by RANGERS032 View Post
    I have a 2022 22 MLE with the Furrion 165W Solar panel. My question is that I take out my batteries in the winter, but the solar charge controller is still lit up. I also have the main battery switch in the off position. I don't see any off switch for the Solar charge controller, so is it ok to just leave it on, or is there something else I should be doing? Thank you for your thoughts.
    Make sure that the positive wire from the solar charge controller to the battery is sealed and away from touching anything and causing a short circuit and then bad things happen. You could also check the manual to see if holding a button or a couple buttons will turn the controller off. This may be a good time to add a switch between the solar panel and the solar controller as well as between the controller and the battery.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
    X