New Exterior storage slide for Momentum 21G

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Exterior storage slide for Momentum 21G

I did not like to stack and search through multiple bins/ boxes. tubs to get what I needed. I found that I had to remove most the items in the storage to get everything I needed - especially with setup and tear-down.

So, being a Milwaukee fan, the Packout system was a good solution. Couple the Packout storage system with lock-in and lock-out full extension slides and it becomes much more convenient and usable.

Click image for larger version  Name:	storage out.jpg Views:	10 Size:	72.3 KB ID:	106021

Click image for larger version  Name:	storage in.jpg Views:	8 Size:	66.5 KB ID:	106022
    Last edited by howson; 02-18-2023, 06:08 PM.
    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

That is awesome! What did you do with the bedroom furnace duct? Does it still fit behind all that.

Curious which slide system you used as well. Right now that is where my 2 x 100 ah Lithiums are but I could move them to under the bed in the "hole" behind the Nautilus panel.
    2022 Momentum 25G (aka "Baby Mo") | Victron Multiplus | Lithium
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie SRW | 6.7 HO Aisin | 6’4” bed | 3.73 gears | air suspension | 3694# Payload​

Comment

Originally posted by Thorvald View Post
      That is awesome! What did you do with the bedroom furnace duct? Does it still fit behind all that.

Curious which slide system you used as well. Right now that is where my 2 x 100 ah Lithiums are but I could move them to under the bed in the "hole" behind the Nautilus panel.
      Thanks.

Long story, but I kinda reconstructed that entire area. Below you can see the duct in the very back. This is where I put my batteries as well.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery location.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	93.1 KB
ID:	120573

I then placed a "false bottom" on top of the batteries that was level with the opening. This made it easy to just add the slides to the "false bottom".

Click image for larger version

Name:	finished2.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	120574

For the slides I went with Vadania VD2053. You can see them here: https://vadania.com/product/vd2053-heavy-duty-slides/

If I remember right I have the 24" size. I bought a bunch of the brackets to attach the slides to the false bottom and the slides to the tray the Packout gear sits on https://vadania.com/product/l-bracke...r-2053-slides/

The slides are lock in and lock out which is very convenient. If I were to do it again, I would probably get the beefier slides (VD2576). I got the smaller ones because the height was 1" less and every inch counted.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Yoda Not for the faint of wallet, but Accuride has a lay flat mounting option with reduced capacity for their slides.

https://www.accuride.com/en-us/produ...ver-disconnect I believe rating is PER SLIDE. Not lock in lock out but the flat option as you mention to save height.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
        X