Sliding window latch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliding window latch

Our 2017 2150RB has a broken latch on the bathroom window. The latches in my RV have a single mounting screw, centered on the latch. I find several online that have two mounting screws, but nothing that matches to original Lippert latch. Has anyone tried one of these two screw latches? I assume they will work, but new holes would need to get drilled. Even better, does someone know where could get the OEM style latch? I have checked the GD and Lippert websites, but haven't found anything.

Thanks,
    Steve

Can you post a picture of the latch please? Might help with someone chiming in on the parts.

More than likely the windows are supplied by LCI and a call to them may yield the proper part.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Motosteve61 View Post
      Our 2017 2150RB has a broken latch on the bathroom window. The latches in my RV have a single mounting screw, centered on the latch. I find several online that have two mounting screws, but nothing that matches to original Lippert latch. Has anyone tried one of these two screw latches? I assume they will work, but new holes would need to get drilled. Even better, does someone know where could get the OEM style latch? I have checked the GD and Lippert websites, but haven't found anything.

Thanks,
      Steve
      Worst case is go to you local hardware store and get a wood dowel and cut it ti length to hold the window closed (compression fit). Put a small eye screw into it to be able to get it in and out,
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions. Here's a photo of one of the latches and the broken one. Its definitely a Lippert.Click image for larger version

Name:	20230218_173046.jpg
Views:	538
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	106107
        Click image for larger version

Name:	20230218_173035.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	78.4 KB
ID:	106108

Comment

Motosteve61

Wow, you're not kidding, searching for that Lipper part is quite the challenge. I did find this one website that looks close, but who knows if it will actually work. Please note, that website doesn't seem to use HTTPS, so please be careful if you decide to order from there. Might be better to call the company directly.

http://rvwindow.com/Motorhome_Produc...689&Return=196
          ​​​​​​
          2019 Imagine 2400BH
          2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Motosteve61 -- definitely call Lippert directly. Contact info here: https://support.lci1.com/contact
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

site with HTTPS https://www.pellandent.com/Black-Pla...o-Window-Latch
              Joseph
              Tow
              Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
              Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
              South of Houston Texas

Comment

Just remember, “She came in through the bathroom window”. The late but great Joe ****er

Comment

Thanks everyone for the help. I contacted Grand Design and they sent me the part number. They had the part for $5.99, which is very reasonable. They did include the Lippert part number in their replay and I I found the part there as well. It was cheaper from GD, so I just ordered two.

Name:	580274 (1).jpg
Views:	458
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	106376

Comment

Originally posted by Motosteve61 View Post
                    Thanks everyone for the help. I contacted Grand Design and they sent me the part number. They had the part for $5.99, which is very reasonable. They did include the Lippert part number in their replay and I I found the part there as well. It was cheaper from GD, so I just ordered two.

Name:	580274 (1).jpg
Views:	458
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	106376
                    Could you post both part numbers in case others need them - Thanks
                    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Absolutely! I will add that the parts came from GD real fast. Great service!

Name:	window latch.jpg
Views:	421
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	106742

Comment

Working...
                      X