Patio Ramp will not stay down & noisy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patio Ramp will not stay down & noisy

New 2023 momentum 351ms. Today our patio ramp became noisy and hard to pull down. Once it was level, it wouldn’t stay down. Noticeably noisy going up and down. We’ve only had the RV for about 6 weeks, and this was the 5th time that we lowered the patio. Is there anything I can check, that is causing this?
    Tim & Regina
    Mt Vernon, Oh.
    2023 Momentum 351MS
    2015 Silverado

TimNRegina -- not particularly familiar with the rear door on the Momentums except for the few times I've opened and closed them on factory tours. I suspect the spring/shock mechanism has failed. Regardless of the mechanism involved, there could be high tension involved making it particularly hazardous to "learn by experience". As one who has had his fair share of experience with the tension in awning arms (thankfully none involved an ER but it was close!) I'd urge getting your dealer involved.

Should you desire to read through Lippert's documentation see https://support.lci1.com/ramp-doors

Somewhere on the door is a white sticker with an "RPO" identifier. Find that ID and also consider giving LCI Customer Service a call. Their info is at https://support.lci1.com/contact

Please do the forum the favor of a follow-up once the issue is resolved.

Howard

P.S. Welcome you to the forum--good job on the signature line!
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We’ll this is weird, I brought down the patio ramp to look for a sticker with the RPO#, and it wasn’t as noisy/rough. And it stayed down to the patio height. I can’t explain it. The only thing I did different, was last night, when it wouldn’t stay down, I removed the cables and lowered it to the ground (which we hadn’t done before). Then I closed everything up.
      This morning I worked it up & down several times, with no problem. There was a slight noise, so I sprayed a little silicone grease on the sides of the roller wheel for the cable. Which seem to help with the noise. But there is no way that would explain the fact that the patio would not stay down last night. When I put it down, it would go back up about 3 feet.

Howson; thanks for your response!

I’m not sure, but I don’t think it is Lippert. It has a MORyde Zero G sticker, and the white sticker has MORyde on it.

Do you have any contact info for MORyde?

Thanks
      Tim & Regina
      Mt Vernon, Oh.
      2023 Momentum 351MS
      2015 Silverado

Comment

Originally posted by TimNRegina View Post
        We’ll this is weird, I brought down the patio ramp to look for a sticker with the RPO#, and it wasn’t as noisy/rough. And it stayed down to the patio height. I can’t explain it. The only thing I did different, was last night, when it wouldn’t stay down, I removed the cables and lowered it to the ground (which we hadn’t done before). Then I closed everything up.
        This morning I worked it up & down several times, with no problem. There was a slight noise, so I sprayed a little silicone grease on the sides of the roller wheel for the cable. Which seem to help with the noise. But there is no way that would explain the fact that the patio would not stay down last night. When I put it down, it would go back up about 3 feet.

Howson; thanks for your response!

I’m not sure, but I don’t think it is Lippert. It has a MORyde Zero G sticker, and the white sticker has MORyde on it.

Do you have any contact info for MORyde?

Thanks
        https://www.morryde.com/products-cat/towables/ Look under Tow Haulers

Hope this helps.They do have good customer service - give them a call.

Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

TimNRegina -- so you have one of the new doors! The moderators saw one on what I think was a prototype Momentum, so I believe your unit is "minty fresh" (lol).

If you call MORryde Corporate office they'll point you in the right direction. https://www.morryde.com/contact-us/ (574) 293-1581
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thanks for the info.
            I called MORryde, they were very polite. But since my problem mysteriously fixed itself, there wasn’t anything that they could do. They asked me to record a video if the problem returns.
            Tim & Regina
            Mt Vernon, Oh.
            2023 Momentum 351MS
            2015 Silverado

Comment

Working...
            X