• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning center support does not rotate

Click image for larger version

Name:	saddle .jpg
Views:	248
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	117087 I had opened the awning on our 2600RB and when it was retracted, the center support does not rotate back into the support position. I've run it several times and the saddle faces parallel to the side wall, not facing up to hold the awning. I don't see any way to adjust the saddle. Any one ever have the same issue? Any suggestions?

The photo shows the saddle parallel to the wall where it should be tilting to receive the awning for storage. The saddle doesn't rotate and if I move it with the retracting awning, it falls back to the parallel position.

2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
    2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
    FMCA # 489460

It is hard to realize from the picture but it appears there is a pin that holds the saddle to the bracket. I am guessing this pin may have a little corrosion. Can you get to the saddle and see if you can rotate it?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I might be waaaaaay off, but it looks like your awning fabric is sagging in your photo. When I put our awning out, even for a short distance, the fabric is pulled away tight from the trailer from the struts pushing out the arms. Although, I have the Dometic awning and looks different from yours, so maybe that is the reason it looks off to me.

Anyways, if it is loose, perhaps that means something is bent out of alignment and then the saddle isn't sitting tight against the awning fabric tube?
      Last edited by StephenO; 07-26-2023, 11:40 AM.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Is the aging rolling up the wrong way? On my awning the fabric rolls over the top of the awning roller, not under the roller.

Rolling the fabric ever the top of the roller would get it away from the support seeming then to let the support rotate up.

If I extend my awning and hold the switch on, the awning will reach its limit and begin retracting rolling the fabric under the roller to fully retract, if I let it.
        Last edited by TedS; 07-26-2023, 12:38 PM.
        Ted
        2021 Reflection 310RLS
        2020 F350 PS,CC,LB,SRW

Comment

I agree with Ted. All of my awnings roll over the top.

Also with the fabric rolled under the shoe cannot roll over to contour to the roller as there is not a surface that it can contour to. over the top, the shoe will follow the "ROUND" of the tube the awning is rolling around.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

I want to thank Ted and Jlawles2. It turned out it was rolled wrong. A neighbor had a family get together and we rolled the awning out to give them a space with additional shade. Apparently when he closed it up at the end of the party, he rolled it wrong. At least there is no damage, though if it ever cools off here in southern GA, I need to adjust the material to tighten it up a little,.

Thanks for the suggestion it was rolled wrong. Made me go out and check that.
            2020 F-250 Lariat 2WD SuperCrew 6.7L, Blue Ox SwayPro hitch w/ 1000lb bars
            2020 Imagine 2600RD w/ Road Armor + wet bolt suspension, Yakima Longhaul Bike Rack, MicroAir EasyStart 364 for AC, Lion Energy 105 amp Lithiium Ion X2
            Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ
            FMCA # 489460

Comment

Working...
            X