Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2800BH leaking pass through storage bunks

Hello all,
    First post here and hoping someone can provide some advice. Both my doors to the pass through front storage on my 2800BH are leaking. The leak looks to be coming in from the lock itself, pooling up in the latching part and then getting inside. I have brought it to the dealer and they supposedly did work on it but it still leaks. Has anyone else run into this? Any advice for identifying the root cause and fixing it?

Thanks!!!

sbrenton

Can you post a few pictures of the doors and the resulting water intrusion?
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Had this very issue. I’m not sure which one of my fixes actually did it but I took the metal latch hole off the frame and put butyl tape under it before reinstalling, I put silicone on each screw hole on the door frame, put a bead of silicone on the outside of the top hinge, and reapplied silicone around the outside of the frame where the frame meets the fiberglass body. No leaks since and we’ve been through a lot of rain. Hope that helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Randomtask View Post
        Had this very issue. I’m not sure which one of my fixes actually did it but I took the metal latch hole off the frame and put butyl tape under it before reinstalling, I put silicone on each screw hole on the door frame, put a bead of silicone on the outside of the top hinge, and reapplied silicone around the outside of the frame where the frame meets the fiberglass body. No leaks since and we’ve been through a lot of rain. Hope that helps.
        I went through the same exact issue on both doors of my Reflection 297RSTS and used the same method to fix it.

Randomtask - Welcome to the forum. Really appreciate you jumping right in with a solution.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X