Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• underbelly leaking water - 2800BH

Hello all,

I have an odd problem I noticed on my Labor Day trip. Prior to leaving I drained the grey tanks, fresh tank, water heater and black tank so there was no water / waste being towed. When I got to my destination I noticed at almost the middle of the camper water was seeping through the enclosed underbelly and dripping onto the pavement. This was after I drove about 200 miles so I thought maybe some water jugs got shifted and started to leak. When I got inside the camper to inspect everything I could not find anything that I brought with me causing the issue. Floor, under stinks, under cabinets, etc. were all dry. Only thing I can think of that might cause it would be the refrigerator leaking somehow. Any advice on what / where to check? I thought of going through the underbelly but cutting through that material I would like as a last resort option.

Thanks in advance!!!

Were you driving through rain by chance? Perhaps some road spray was getting up onto the underbelly material and was finally coming out? We previously had that issue, but I went through with some foam and sealed up some of the gaps. I'd also check the cargo doors and make sure they are not leaking.
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

No rain at all and didn't drive through any puddles. My cargo doors are leaking and dealer has not been able to fix them but it had not been raining so not sure if that could be the culprit. I posted something about that in another post. Going to try and fix it myself since the dealership has been useless in fixing anything. Thank you for the response and idea.

Comment

A “drained” grey/black tank often still has up to an inch of liquid in the bottom, depending on the angle of the RV when drained and how the gate valve is attached. This liquid would slosh about while travelling. Would be worth unfastening the coroplast along one frame rail to take a peek inside.

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

I will take a look after work to see about unfastening along the frame rail to see whats going on under there. I thought I would need to cut through the underbelly and wanted to avoid that but if I can unfasten part of it thats something I can 100% do. Thanks for the advice!

Comment

I recommend adding 5 to 15 gallons of water to the freshwater tank and then turning on the water pump to pressurize the water system. Then wait five to ten minutes to see if the pump cycles back on with all taps closed. The water you're seeing dripping from the underbelly could be an accumulation of water from a slow leak in the plumbing somewhere in the system. Pressurizing with the water pump and then waiting to see if the pump cycles back on over time will either eliminate or confirm this possibility.
            John
            2018 Momentum 395M
            2018 Ram 3500 Dually
            Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by sbrenton View Post
              I will take a look after work to see about unfastening along the frame rail to see whats going on under there. I thought I would need to cut through the underbelly and wanted to avoid that but if I can unfasten part of it thats something I can 100% do. Thanks for the advice!
              Cutting the underbelly coroplast almost never turns out well. If you have to drop the coroplast starting at the front or the back until you get to the problem area, this is a much preferable (and restorable) way to gain access, if needed.

BTW, x2 on JBill9694 John's suggestion . . . Good Idea!

Rob
              Cate & Rob
              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
              2015 Reflection 303RLS
              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
              X