Another roof Issue but on a 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another roof Issue but on a 2019

Hello all, once we got home from the rally, the wife was cleaning the roof and noticed wrinkles in the roof near the front cap. As you can see from the photos, there are wrinkles and the self leveling sealant has cracked, more on the left than on the right side. The last photo is the right side. I sent these photos to the RV service center was use in Shipshewana who does warranty work for GD. Hopefully he can give some guidance. I assume since it is a 2019 Solitude, GD wont help. The sides of the roofing are still attached well on both sides. If he can repair it economically, I'll probably do that. If not, what roofing system do you all recommend? I know some can be very expensive, but we plan to travel quite a bit in the next few years. Thanks, Scott

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4318.jpg
Views:	556
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	119632 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4320.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	119633 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4322.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	119634
    2019 Solitude 310 GK
    2018 Ram 3500 DRW

Hi Scott,

Has the roof membrane been replace previously? That looks like a double layer of sealant across the front cap. (Just wondering if you warranty coverage might start more recently than 2019)

Rob
    Cate & Rob
    (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
    2015 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

No its the original roof. There was a large amount of sealant when we purchased. I just filled in a few places that got thin over the years.
      2019 Solitude 310 GK
      2018 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

Scott, I'm considering flexarmor. The vendor at the rally (forget their name) had an interesting pitch, too.

Howard
        Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
        2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

SD McCart -- found the flyer from the vendor at the rally. I do not have an opinion (at this time) regarding their product / service, just passing along information.

www.rvroofingsolutions.com
          888-847-7010

Ask about "Rally Special"--760-777-0564
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine

Comment

howson Do you know if you are able to punch holes in the roof after the flexamore roofing is sprayed on? I'm really liking this so far. Instead of replacing or fixing your old TPO roof membrane, this would be fantastic.
            Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Originally posted by acoleman43 View Post
              howson Do you know if you are able to punch holes in the roof after the flexamore roofing is sprayed on? I'm really liking this so far. Instead of replacing or fixing your old TPO roof membrane, this would be fantastic.
              I don't, unfortunately. Please post with the answer if you talk to them.

Howard & Francine

Comment

Joscelyne3

JJ recently had the Flexarmor roof sprayed on his Solitude, hopefully he stops by with some info.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks Howard. I'll have to look into this.
                  2019 Solitude 310 GK
                  2018 Ram 3500 DRW

Comment

I did Crazyseal on a semi fat roof at the house. https://crazyseal.com decent amount of work, but it actually went on quite well.
                    Joseph
                    Tow
                    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Are these after market sprayed on roofs applied on top of the factory rubber roofs, or direct on the decking?
                      2020 Reflection 273MK
                      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar View Post
                        Are these after market sprayed on roofs applied on top of the factory rubber roofs, or direct on the decking?
                        It all depends on the roof material. If the roofing material is loose they should remove it. If the under sheeting is rotted they will remove and replace. If it were me I would want all of the rubber roofing material removed and the new material sprayed on the roof sheeting. These companies have been doing this for quite a while and they would know what is best.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

TheNescios -- moved your post to it's own thread. See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...oof-trim-issue

Howard

Howard & Francine

Comment

Working...
                          X