Touch up paint for the base coat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Touch up paint for the base coat

I have asked this question several times, even sent emails to support with my VIN number to find out what I should use to touch up the blemishes in the Gel Coat paint on the on the nose of our 310gk.
    I have been given the paint code DMD642 YELLOW 68.40 so I can go have it mixed myself. I have gone to a few local auto paint places and talked with them and they all say the same thing.
    1) I do not know what that code is or what to do with it.
    2) You really do not want me to mix up some paint for you because it will cost over $100 for a quart and it will not have any clear coat so it will just oxidize in the first season.
    3) Just go to a local auto shop and buy a touch up pen

Ok I am good with that but every time I try to get a pen, the first question is what is the make of the car and Grand Design is not one of the choices. I have driven around to untold number of shops just looking for a close match but I am not having very much luck. I know I am not the first person to want to fix blemishes on my GDRV, what have others done to find a way to fix the boo boo's on your RV?
    Brian and Susan
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat Dually
    2019 GD 310GK

Well, this post should be perfect to take this new GD monitored "service only" web site. Again, if this site is all it's purported to be your answer is forth coming.

I'm anxious to see the answer.
    Paul and Deb Cervone
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

I believe the factory will look at the manufacture section. If we have a question that would be relevant to a factory response it would be best to tag Emily.

GDRV-Emily , Would it be possible to get a helpful answer here?

Thanks
      Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

If you'd like me to move this post to the "Ask Grand Design" section, just let me know and I'll take care of it.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Sure we can move this to the place you think will get the best response. I would like to hear what other owners are doing to repair small blemishes. I have a response from GD Support as I explained it was not very fruitful.
          Brian and Susan
          2019 GD 310GK

Comment

I have a new 2019 Solitude 344GK unit and need touch-up paint for the nose in all 3 colors / sections. Does anyone have the PMS color codes / numbers ?

Comment

Hey Brandon,
              I do not have all three colors but I did find one for the yellow. I bought like 4 different pens to take home and compare. See pics. I found one that matches perfect. It is the Dupli-Color For 9M, YY White AFM0271.

I hope this helps.

Attached Files
              Brian and Susan
              2019 GD 310GK

Comment

Has anyone found any of the other paint codes for the touch up paints

Comment

Working...
                X