Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 Reflection 303 Roof Adhesive Failure

All,
    Does anyone else have this problem? Anyone got Grand Design to repair it under warranty? If so, how do I start that process? Dealer or directly?
    Thanks, Bob
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7233.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	121146 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7232.jpg
Views:	305
Size:	90.2 KB
ID:	121147 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7234.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	111.1 KB
ID:	121148 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7236.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	121149
    thanks.
    Bob
    Bob & Mary
    2022 GD Reflection 303
    2020 Ford F-350 CC, SRW, Short Bed

2017 Lance 2285 (Sold)
    DeLand, Florida

Fenton Harper ( Bob ),

I'd say both your dealer and GD. It's always a good idea IMO to get a case number with Customer Service.

Whether it will be fixed under warranty...that I can't answer (because I don't know).

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

When did you install all of the eternabond tape? Before or after the ripples? This will make a large impact on what happens with the warranty question.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Fenton Harper We have the same bubbles on our newly purchased 2023 Reflection 337RLS last month. I have emailed GD Customer Service with all the warranty issues, roof included, along with pictures. GD returned with an automated case #. The same has also been sent to our dealership.
        Julie & Doug (& Finley)
        2023 Reflection 337RLS
        2011 Ford F350 SD 6.7 turbo

Comment

Same for us, I sent GD all the photos; here is the "official" response. Dealer said "work with GD on this". We all know its sawdust that was not cleaned prior to glue to bond roof. There is no fix other than replace. I have read several reviews of a new roof being put down that is not TPO or EPDM and is supposed to have an attractive warranty. I believe if your roof blows off, GD will step in, until then...

One other comment, about 5th wheels. Much has been said about air getting past the pin box and getting behind the front cap. The air then goes up to metal strip where top of cap meets the roof. If there are not enough screws holding that strip down, the constant wind (while driving) will get under the TPO and tear it off.

Good afternoon, please refer to the email I sent on 9/16/22, I have also attached it here. At this point it is purely a cosmetic issue, if it gets any worse we can review this again at a later date if we need to. Thank you.

Originally posted by jaschembra View Post
          Fenton Harper We have the same bubbles on our newly purchased 2023 Reflection 337RLS last month. I have emailed GD Customer Service with all the warranty issues, roof included, along with pictures. GD returned with an automated case #. The same has also been sent to our dealership.
          2022 GD 2970RL (Built Dec 2021, Deliver March 2022)
          2019 F350 Platinum, Shorter bed, Diesel, SRW, 3.55 rear
          2017 GD 2600rb (Private sale May 2022)
          2016 F150 Platinum (traded in for F350 fall 2019)

Comment

There is a shop in California that is reporting this same issue across multiple RV manufacturers. The suspected cause is that the adhesive is now bonding adequately. When air gets into the front cap via the pin box, it travels up the cap and under the roof membrane. Apparently, the glue was changed due to EPA concerns.

The suggest solution is to put another roof strip right behind the OEM one. This will prevent air from getting under the membrane and lifting it.

https://youtu.be/9AyRX3A_tYI?si=dUbVupZGs-TDtL4z

Jim
            Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

My brand new 2024 Reflection 337 RLS. Manufactured 9/20/2024Click image for larger version

Name:	20231015_155729.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	121943
              This is not right. GD needs to address this. Having to repair a brand-new coach with this problem is not quality inspiring.
              2024 Reflection 337 RLS
              2023 Chevy 3500HD LTZ L5P SRW

Comment

I would not be surprised if the membrane is perfectly flat at the factory and during the initial delivery transport the air flowing over the top lifts it.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

ChinoAZ

My roof looked pretty much the same, or a little worse, and flattened out over a few months. Document this with your dealer and Grand Design.

Brian
                  Brian & Michelle
                  2018 Reflection 29RS
                  2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Working...
                  X