Skirt separating from side wall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skirt separating from side wall

I have a 2024 Reflection 337RLS. On the driver side the metal skirting is separating from where it meets the fiberglass side. It gets worse depending on the outside temperature.
    Is there a fix for this? Just caulking it won’t work because it separates more when it hot outside.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Jeff​
    Attached Files

You could add another screw in that area or completely remove the screws from the problem spot to the end, and reinstall. It may have been too long for the installation.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Chenoweth View Post
      I have a 2024 Reflection 337RLS. On the driver side the metal skirting is separating from where it meets the fiberglass side. It gets worse depending on the outside temperature.
      Is there a fix for this? Just caulking it won’t work because it separates more when it hot outside.

Thanks in advance for any help.
      Jeff​
      Its normal expansion and contraction of the skirt. From the pictures it is on the sun side and being black will expand more - thus the warp. Just recaulk. If you want to really fix it, expand the skirt holes to elongated so the skirt can move,. Mine does it all the time and I just re-calk.. Don't fret and enjoy camping.
      Safe travels
      Keith
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

This happened to us, but water would enter the separation, then collect in the underbelly fabric (darco) and soak the underside of the RV. Just spent $1200 on repairs. ☹️

Something is severely wrong with this design.

Comment

Working...
        X