Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front wall

Well, the mystery continues.

I first noticed some seperation o the corner moulding at the lower front of the trailer pic 1

Then a seperation or gap at the front wall where the aluminum frame is nolted to the steel framepic 2 and 3

There us one screw that is sheered holding that front frame. This is sheered on both sides.

Looks like i will need to take of the front sheething to get at them and it will also allow me to have a better overall look at the frame.

Has anyone heard of these screws failing? What else holds this wall in place? , and any idea what coukd be causing it?

If you need more pics i can provide more detail.

Thanks again
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20231104_170139.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	122880 Click image for larger version

Name:	20231104_170224.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	81.6 KB
ID:	122882 Click image for larger version

ID:	122883
    Attached Files
    Pierre and Debbie
    2018 Ram 3500 SLT srw lb
    2018 GD Reflection 337 RLS

Pierre&Deb -- I'd also suspect that what you're seeing is a symptom, thus your comment about getting a good look at the frame is (unfortunately) could be the right course of action.

Lots of YouTube videos lately about individual experiences with frame failures -- in each case it was a lot of work (removal of paneling) to do a good inspection.

Please keep the forum updated.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by Pierre&Deb View Post
      Well, the mystery continues.

I first noticed some seperation o the corner moulding at the lower front of the trailer pic 1

Then a seperation or gap at the front wall where the aluminum frame is nolted to the steel framepic 2 and 3

There us one screw that is sheered holding that front frame. This is sheered on both sides.

Looks like i will need to take of the front sheething to get at them and it will also allow me to have a better overall look at the frame.

Has anyone heard of these screws failing? What else holds this wall in place? , and any idea what coukd be causing it?

If you need more pics i can provide more detail.

Thanks again
      Click image for larger version

Name:	20231104_170139.jpg
Views:	276
Size:	104.7 KB
ID:	122880 Click image for larger version

ID:	122882 Click image for larger version

ID:	122883
      It appears you have a lot of stuff sitting in the front bay pan. As the pan is very flimsy it can push against the front wall cross member that is a few inches below the door frame. It might be wort a bit of time to unload everything and take a look at that pan. I had to reinforce mine by attaching it to that front wall cross member, and adding a cross brace..

Pleas post back as it helps others.
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoda View Post

It appears you have a lot of stuff sitting in the front bay pan. As the pan is very flimsy it can push against the front wall cross member that is a few inches below the door frame. It might be wort a bit of time to unload everything and take a look at that pan. I had to reinforce mine by attaching it to that front wall cross member, and adding a cross brace..

Pleas post back as it helps others.
        Thanks Yoda. I have probably less than 100 lbs. All my light stuff, bbq and my socket set. But will check
        Pierre and Debbie
        2018 Ram 3500 SLT srw lb

Comment

Originally posted by howson View Post
          Pierre&Deb -- I'd also suspect that what you're seeing is a symptom, thus your comment about getting a good look at the frame is (unfortunately) could be the right course of action.

Lots of YouTube videos lately about individual experiences with frame failures -- in each case it was a lot of work (removal of paneling) to do a good inspection.

Please keep the forum updated.

Howard
          Thanks Howard. I am unfortunately not able to check until i get further south and stay put for longer than 2 days. I will post when i find out more.
          Pierre and Debbie
          2018 Ram 3500 SLT srw lb

Comment

Working...
          X