47 hours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 47 hours

Need new roof on our 2023 5er GD is giving dealer 47 hours to do job. if it goes 48 hours what happens. and what do you pressure them with time line on such an important part of the rv???
    Last edited by Country Campers; 11-12-2023, 09:35 AM. Reason: Please read the rules

I would guess that if the unit is under warranty and GD is paying the bill the dealer will not get anything over 47 hours. I would make sure that the dealer does not try to bill you if the time goes over. I would try to work with the dealer and GD to get an estimated time of completion.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We had plywood issues and GD told them to peel back then reseal lol the dealer questioned the splinters that come up when "peeling" back TPO. I had to call GD and asked if this is common practice. Not very happy with the band-aid method

Comment

It is common for RV and automobile manufacturers to pay "book rate" for any type of warranty work. If a person is experienced, they can typically do the job in less hours than the book rate which makes their pay per hour higher. Likewise, if they take more than 47 hours to do the job, their hourly rate goes down. This is an agreement between GDRV and the repair shop to limit the charges for the job. It's no different than you getting an estimate and agreeing to a price before you authorize a contractor, plumber, mechanic, etc. to do a job.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
        X