Hand rail addition for stairs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hand rail addition for stairs

I just added the MORryde Step above hand rail. So now I can worry less about breaking a hip on the stairs. πŸ˜€
    Was an easy 5 min install. They have the rail available for both 3 steps and 4 steps. In two versions depending on when the the steps were manufactured.
    Bill
    2023 Imagine AIM 15RB
    2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Thanks for this Bill. I hadn't seen these before. The steps still fold in without any hassle?

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

You're welcome
      Yes they do not change the ability to lift the steps into place at all.
      Bill
      2023 Imagine AIM 15RB
      2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Comment

I added the same hand rail. Zero issue with clearance on closing. This is such a great safety edit it should be standard from the factory.

Mike
        Mike & Sonya
        2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
        Blue Ox SwayPro
        2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
          Thanks for this Bill. I hadn't seen these before. The steps still fold in without any hassle?

Jim
          I put them on the steps on my 378MBS and they are a great addition. No interference and no more difficult to lift the stairs. We love them.

Rob
          Last edited by Calbar; 12-16-2023, 10:50 PM.
          Rob & Barb
          2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
          2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

I have an Imagine 2970RL and the floor plan doesn’t allow the handrail installed when folding up the stairs, but I put it in place and use it whenever we’re somewhere for more than a day and take it off when it’s time to fold up. Only 3 screws to install or remove.
            Eddie & Kathy
            2021 Imagine 2970RL
            2019 Ram 2500 Laramie Mega Cab 4x4 Cummins 6.7L
            Houston, TX

Comment

Might be helpful for some... I (re) mounted the hand rail to the outboard side of the stringer. A couple of new holes, washers and bolts were needed, but a straightforward rock-solid install nonetheless. There is still plenty of clearance with the door frame and the inside bunk end.

I did the outside mount for two reasons:

1. the hand rail mounted to the outside of the step is better aligned to the plane of the lend-a-hand on the sidewall. (One of our campers has limited peripheral vision and the outboard mount made a huge improvement when transitioning from one hand rail to the next.)

2. The hand rail mounted to the outside removed the (rail) trip hazard in the step area.

I'd post a pic, but the trailer is in storage.

Mike
              Mike & Sonya
              2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
              Blue Ox SwayPro
              2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by NoPeeking View Post
                Might be helpful for some... I (re) mounted the hand rail to the outboard side of the stringer. A couple of new holes, washers and bolts were needed, but a straightforward rock-solid install nonetheless. There is still plenty of clearance with the door frame and the inside bunk end.

I did the outside mount for two reasons:

1. the hand rail mounted to the outside of the step is better aligned to the plane of the lend-a-hand on the sidewall. (One of our campers has limited peripheral vision and the outboard mount made a huge improvement when transitioning from one hand rail to the next.)

2. The hand rail mounted to the outside removed the (rail) trip hazard in the step area.

I'd post a pic, but the trailer is in storage.

Mike
                Thanks Mike,

This is the same discussion that my wife and I had when I first installed it. I assume you just threaded into the nut in the stairs from the other side with longer bolts. I have plenty of room too with the door frame and nothing inside to interfere with.

Rob
                Rob & Barb
                2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

I've been looking at this hand rail and keep wondering if it gets in the way as you enter/exit the RV? Reason being, the mounting location on the inside of the stringer. Seems like it would make entry/exit a little tighter, has anyone found this to be a problem??
                  Jim & Kathy
                  2022 Imagine 2600RB
                  2022 RAM 1500 Limited Longhorn, Hemi e-Torque, 3:92,
                  trailer tow pkg, 4x air suspension, TT TPMS.

Comment

Has anyone installed one in a 380, 390, or 395 that has a wall directly in front of the doorway?
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                      Has anyone installed one in a 380, 390, or 395 that has a wall directly in front of the doorway?
                      My 378MBS has the den wall and sliding door right in front. I don't have an issue with clearance.

Rob
                      Rob & Barb
                      2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

I might consider adding one to our unit but the flip stairs do not offer it as an option. The wall mounted one would interfere with the awning or I would have to remove the one that is already there.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by Kathy&Jim_Imagine View Post
                          I've been looking at this hand rail and keep wondering if it gets in the way as you enter/exit the RV? Reason being, the mounting location on the inside of the stringer. Seems like it would make entry/exit a little tighter, has anyone found this to be a problem??
                          I’m going to look into this, I have the same coach as you.
                          I agree that outside the stringer would be better.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill2023 View Post
                            I just added the MORryde Step above hand rail. So now I can worry less about breaking a hip on the stairs. πŸ˜€
                            Was an easy 5 min install. They have the rail available for both 3 steps and 4 steps. In two versions depending on when the the steps were manufactured.
                            I was able to get one of these free while at a rally with my previous trailer. Someone bought the wrong one and gave it to me. My dealer swapped it out to the new Reflection. My wife really likes this.
                            Raymond and Dee Dee
                            2024 Reflection 296 RDTS
                            2023 Chevrolet 2500HD

Comment

Working...
                            X