Emergency Window removal/reinstall

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emergency Window removal/reinstall

I have a 2020 397 and have a foggy garage emergency window that I'm going to repair. I removed the emergency window by removing the two inside screws and it came off without any difficulty. However, before repairing it, I decided to practice putting it back on. Is there a "trick"/method/ sweet angle to put one of these back on? I tried for about 15 minutes and gave up due to my arms giving out. Thanks Dan
    2020 Momentum 397TH - 2019 Ram 3500 - ICON Golf Cart 40L - 1200 watts solar - 600 amps battery

CaptDan - Check out this short video.

https://youtu.be/ROfD71oHJfY?si=ZjJpbYqaH52-dOnv

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Unfortunately, the upper window blocks the lower window from "sliding" back into the slot from the side. When I removed it, I had to swing it up around 90 degrees and it lifted right out. I tried to reverse the process but it doesn't seem to want to catch back under the lip. I can try coming in from the side but have to kinda start at an angle to avoid the lower edge of the upper window and once I try to level it out it will hit the upper window bottom edge. It has to go straight in somehow and then pushed up or something. Another 5 minute job dragging onto several days... thanks
      2020 Momentum 397TH - 2019 Ram 3500 - ICON Golf Cart 40L - 1200 watts solar - 600 amps battery

Comment

Did the upper window some how fall? Did you repair the lower window with a new pane or did you buy a replacement?

If the upper window has moved, you may need to cut a couple of small pieces of wood to lift and hold it in position while installing the lower.

If you purchased a new lower, compare the 2 to ensure that the upper section where it needs to slide in is the same. If you repaired, double check that you installed the mating edge properly.
        Joseph
        Tow
        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
        South of Houston Texas

Comment

Joseph: Upper window is fine. The lower window was foggy. I removed the lower window by swinging it out and up to and over 90 degrees and it falls out (after you remove the two screws on the top of the lower window frame inside. I separated the panes, removed the old seal and silicon, cleaned them and then applied a new desiccant style seal to re-assemble/re-silicon. After repairing the window, I re-attached it by reversing the removal process.

Comment

Glad you got it back in. In the previous post it sounded as if you were having issues with getting it back in the slot/area it was intended to close, hence the questions.
            Joseph
            Tow
            Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
            Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
            South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
            X