Slide out leak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slide out leak

Brand new Solitude 3740BH. Have seen no issue prior but this was the first trip in torrential downpour. Drove (obviously slide outs closed) about five hours in heavy rain. After arriving at Destination and setting up I noticed “damp” walls and floor at front and rear slide out, both schwintek. Both have the moisture on the sidewalls only, ceiling and outer wall are dry. After traveling today both have dried out but I can’t figure out where the water was coming from. All seals look good and tight when closed. Any ideas?

We've had two instances where we were driving through heavy rain, and had some splashing on one area of our interior walls, at the very bottom area. Hard to explain the proximity in detail, but on our trailer, the drain cups for our slide are infront of the wheels and behind the wheels. IE, those points at the bottom of the vertical bulb seals, where you can see daylight, is behind and infront of the wheels.

The rear one has had water splashed up from the wheels, whereas the forward one was dry.
    ​​​​​​
    2019 Imagine 2400BH
    2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Yeah, that makes sense. However both the bottom and top of the side walls were wet.

Comment

Well, I have had one other instance where we had a storm come rolling through and it rained a lot. The trailer was in storage, and the slide was closed. After the storm, there was some water on the slide roof and down the near wall. This was the only time we've had water up there, so I figured the rain was hard enough to overwhelm the horizontal bulb seal.
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

If you can't pinpoint the entry point, you might consider having a bubble test performed at a dealership. The pressurize the inside of the RV, then spray a soap solution on the outside and look for bubbles.

Jim
          Jim and Ginnie
          2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
          GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
          GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Working...
          X