Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you identify hail damage to roof?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you identify hail damage to roof?

Friends, we had a hail storm last night here in southern Ohio. It was deafening in the trailer. The hail size was about the size of moth balls...maybe a little larger. (Not the golf ball size you sometimes hear people say.) I need to get up on the roof today to inspect. Are these rubber roofs pretty resilient? I keep mine in covered storage when not on the road; wash it with a cleaner/conditioner each spring. I am hoping I am good but how can you identify damage?
    Andy
    2017 Reflection 303RLS
    2015 Dodge Ram 2500, V8 6.4L, Crew Cab, Laramie, w/Tow Pkg.

Originally posted by Andy+Mo View Post
    Friends, we had a hail storm last night here in southern Ohio. It was deafening in the trailer. The hail size was about the size of moth balls...maybe a little larger. (Not the golf ball size you sometimes hear people say.) I need to get up on the roof today to inspect. Are these rubber roofs pretty resilient? I keep mine in covered storage when not on the road; wash it with a cleaner/conditioner each spring. I am hoping I am good but how can you identify damage?
    I'd assume that if none of the skylights are broken then the roof is fine. However, do a thorough inspection of all the seams just like what's done (or should be done) as part of a regular maintenance schedule.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I got up there and looked it all over and everything looks okay. It was a long, extremely loud hail storm and we thought for sure there would be something wrong but all looks okay. Phew!!!!
      Andy
      2017 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Correction... I was up on the roof again and discovered this cover to one of the stacks is damaged. UGH. Any ideas on how to find a replacement?
        Andy
        2017 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Originally posted by Andy+Mo View Post
          Correction... I was up on the roof again and discovered this cover to one of the stacks is damaged. UGH. Any ideas on how to find a replacement?
          TucsonJim has an excellent write-up here: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...ent-and-repair
          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you! Perfect link-lead, going to order it today...
            Andy
            2017 Reflection 303RLS

Comment

Working...
            X