Pine tree sap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pine tree sap

We have a pine tree above where we park out RV for loading, and it dropped globs of sap all over the roof. I am looking for a safe way to remove the sap without damaging the roof. Is there anyone that has solved this problem? I am most concerned with the tops of the slides, and the sap globs damaging the seals when they slide past.

TIA!
    2022 Reflection 280RS
    2022 Silverado 2500 Duramax

Hot water may be the ticket. Bug and tar remover.

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

We Found that Margarine or Butter will Remove pine sap from Hands and a lot of other things.Never Tried it on those places you mentioned. You have to work it in and it works really good.
      no name

Comment

White vinegar will remove pine tree sap from RV roofs, rubbing alcohol also works. Let it soak for a few minutes and use some elbow grease. Wash with your regular RV wash product before and after.
        2023 Imagine XLS 23LDE, 2022 Ford F-150 Super Crew Cab STX, Curt TruTrac hitch, Curt TriFlex brake controller, AMTIFO rear view camera, Tymate TPMS.

Comment

I have tried them all. The best way I have found is to try to get to it before it hardens and use diesel fuel. Its inexpensive and works better than anything I have used. It also will not harm the paint. It does leave an oily residue on the paint but I find that wipes or washes off with just a little soap and a clean rag.
          We have camped at Topsail in the FL panhandle and at Disneyworlds Fort wilderness, the tall pines at both can leave a mighty mess on your truck.
          Plus I carry the diesel fuel as a cheap way to start my campfires, way cheaper that starter fluid.

Scott
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2024 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas with faux Allison 10 speed. Nellie the Diva, wonder boxer

Comment

Working...
          X