Changing the Steps - Morryde Out, Alumi-tread In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TS_Breezes

I recently did an interior steps modification and ended up with 2 holes in my linoleum also. I tapped the holes flush with a hammer and filled with silicone to seal.

Great job on the step change out. Was the step mounting bracket already attached to the frame so all you had to do was bolt on the new step?

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

TS_Breezes , do you like the carpet on the stairs?
      Mike
      2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Country Campers Yes the brackets were in place on the chassis frame - they are just hidden behind the skirting. No fiddling was needed with the frame at all...just bolt it in place.

​​​​​​​
        Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
        TS_Breezes

I recently did an interior steps modification and ended up with 2 holes in my linoleum also. I tapped the holes flush with a hammer and filled with silicone to seal.

Great job on the step change out. Was the step mounting bracket already attached to the frame so all you had to do was bolt on the new step?

Brian
        Ed & Cindy, pups: Daisy and Penny
        2020 Ford F-450 Lariat CCLB Diesel
        2020 Solitude 2930rl-R
        Previously 2019 Reflection 260RD

Comment

mpking We have always used the carpet made for the RV steps...easy to wipe your feet...and the springs hold it in place as you are traveling.

Originally posted by mpking View Post
          TS_Breezes , do you like the carpet on the stairs?
          Ed & Cindy, pups: Daisy and Penny
          2020 Ford F-450 Lariat CCLB Diesel
          2020 Solitude 2930rl-R
          Previously 2019 Reflection 260RD

Comment

Does anyone sell a stabilizer for the Alumi-Tread Step? Great step but to be able to stabilize it with an adjustable support would be a nice to have.

To re-state that: Does anyone make a stabilizer that folks here would recommend?

Jim
            Last edited by Guest; 12-20-2020, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
              Does anyone sell a stabilizer for the Alumi-Tread Step? Great step but to be able to stabilize it with an adjustable support would be a nice to have.

To re-state that: Does anyone make a stabilizer that folks here would recommend?

Jim
              I have seen this on some of the new rigs in videos. LCI just put it up on the store today, but it is listed as coming soon. I have my eyes on it.

https://store.lci1.com/solid-stance-...020109777.html
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

I have seen this on some of the new rigs in videos. LCI just put it up on the store today, but it is listed as coming soon. I have my eyes on it.

https://store.lci1.com/solid-stance-...020109777.html
                Thank you Neil.

Looks like a great solution. Will watch for a price.

Jim

Comment

Thank you Neil.

Looks like a great solution. Will watch for a price.

Jim
                  I think there's a price up for it if $39.95.

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro

Comment

Originally posted by ncitro View Post

I think there's a price up for it if $39.95.
                    Oh my Lord. I see it Neil. Doc has me on some post op meds and its really messing me up.

Jim

Comment

Oh my Lord. I see it Neil. Doc has me on some post op meds and its really messing me up.

Jim

Lol no problem I've been there. Heal up soon

Neil Citro

Comment

I have been watching for this item as well. The only issue I see is that it only supports the bottom step. Being as all of the steps are hinged together it looks like we will still have "springy" steps until stepping on the bottom step which should be solid. I have been waiting on someone with this already installed to get some feedback.

Brian
                        Brian & Michelle
                        2018 Reflection 29RS
                        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I have been watching for this item as well. The only issue I see is that it only supports the bottom step. Being as all of the steps are hinged together it looks like we will still have "springy" steps until stepping on the bottom step which should be solid. I have been waiting on someone with this already installed to get some feedback.

Brian
                          I had the same thought as Brian on this. If this support actually works it would be a good compromise between ease of use when travelling and a more solid setup for extended stay. OK . . . who is going to try this first and report back ?

Rob
                          Cate & Rob
                          (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                          2015 Reflection 303RLS
                          2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                          Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Here is a link to another thread about this product.

entry step support for Reflection 29RS - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
                            Brian & Michelle
                            2018 Reflection 29RS
                            2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Here is a link to another thread about this product.

entry step support for Reflection 29RS - Grand Design Owners Forums (gdrvowners.com)

Brian
                              Per the comments in the other thread, the linked video shows considerable flex in the middle step. I wonder if we could invent and fabricate something similar that supported both the bottom and middle steps? This would have to be reasonably easy to install/remove but would only be used ( in my case) for extended stay sites.

Rob
                              Cate & Rob
                              (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                              2015 Reflection 303RLS
                              2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                              Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Brian
                                I think it will work excellent. Think of it like this, the point where it attaches to the camper acts like a pivot, and the steps like a lever. The longer the lever, the more the force. The more the force, the more the bounce. By supporting the bottom step, it's giving two points of contact, and the step is no longer acting like a lever, it's acting like a beam.

I would imagine you would only be able to feel the steel support frame flexing (IE, not much if at all).

I'm putting it on my *after* Christmas list. :-)
                                Mike
                                2017 Imagine 2800BH pushing a 2019 Ford F150 Platinum

Formerly: 2002 Rockwood Popup

Comment

Working...
                                X