Fix Awning Lights and missing end cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fix Awning Lights and missing end cap

My name is Bali. We bought a 2018 Solitude 384GK in Sept 2019. There were numerous things that were not working that needed to be fixed, mostly under warranty. However, there were two items that we missed during the 30 day warranty period. One was the awning lights, and the other is a missing end cap on the front awning. Is there anyone who has had this problem and can help me on how to get the lights to work and guide me as to how to order just the end caps for the front awning? Thanks

Balaji Ramarao
    2018 Grand Design Solitude 384GK
    2019 RAM Laramie 3500 Dually
    RV'ing since 2015

Hi Bali. Before digging into the awning lights, do you own a multi-meter and have experience working with it? Also, I'd assume you have a ladder so you can safely get up to the lights for some trouble-shooting?

Are your lights mounted on the side of the trailer and stay put, or are they at the end of the awning and you must put the awning out to see the lights?
    Finally, we'll need to get the make and model of your awning before we can help you find the end cap. Those numbers are probably with the document package you should have received when you purchased your RV.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Hello. This is Rob . We just got a 2020 Solitude 3350RL S Class last month.
      The awning lights would not turn on. The switch lit up when turned on, but no lights.
      The dealers service guy was in our park and dropped over.
      It was an easy fix for us. Inside behind the switch panel , they have added an inline 5 amp fuse. I guess the lights were added after the awning itself , so the lights didn't get a fuse on the panel board.
      Check to see if that is your problem.

Comment

Working...
      X