Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about the front cap of Imagine XLS models

Hello all,

We are looking to possibly purchase an Imagine XLS 22MLE and I am doing some research on that model. I see the sides are fiberglass laminate but the front appears to be made with a different material. A local dealer advised me that the rock guard along the bottom and the top smooth sections on the front were some a type of plastic composite. But when I looked at a 17MKE (the only XLS model they had), it seemed to me that the front was made of aluminum that had a texture to it.

Can anybody tell me what the front cap of an XLS is made out of?

My last trailer was "stick and tin" with the corrugated aluminum siding. That was fine for several years until one year when we got a huge hail storm. I am thinking my next trailer will be hard sided so as to be able to resist hail damage a little better. But I am worried the smooth front of an XLS will be susceptible to hail.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post.

BillM321
    Bill M.
    2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

Welcome to the technical forum Bill.

I'm going to tag some GDRV employees. They are enjoying the long weekend right now, but hopefully, they'll respond with answers to your questions next Tuesday.

GDRV-Mariah

GDRV-Megan
    GDRV-Emily

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by BillM321 View Post
      Hello all,

We are looking to possibly purchase an Imagine XLS 22MLE and I am doing some research on that model. I see the sides are fiberglass laminate but the front appears to be made with a different material. A local dealer advised me that the rock guard along the bottom and the top smooth sections on the front were some a type of plastic composite. But when I looked at a 17MKE (the only XLS model they had), it seemed to me that the front was made of aluminum that had a texture to it.

My last trailer was "stick and tin" with the corrugated aluminum siding. That was fine for several years until one year when we got a huge hail storm. I am thinking my next trailer will be hard sided so as to be able to resist hail damage a little better. But I am worried the smooth front of an XLS will be susceptible to hail.

BillM321
      Well I mounted a Halo Veiw antenna to the curved section at the top if the trailer in the front and if you held a gun to my head, I'd guess it's an aluminum skin. The holes I drilled looked a lot like metal, not fiberglass. This is the section with the decals not the rock guard.
      Of course, I could be wrong.
      Last edited by Capt Bob; 09-05-2020, 05:39 PM.
      Robert and Chris
      2021 XLS 22MLE (somewhat factory stock)
      2018 Silverado 1500 Z71 Crew Cab

Comment

I have asked our imagine team to provide us with some detailed info to get over here for you. Will update asap!

Comment

Originally posted by BillM321 View Post
          Hello all,

BillM321
          You are correct, this is not a fiberglass cap. This construction is considered a front wrap which consists of a 3-piece construction of .040 gauge metal that sits over an aluminum cage that encompasses the entire front wall.

Comment

Thank you for the info !!
            Bill M.
            2021 Imagine XLS 22MLE
            2021 F-150 3.5L EcoBoost

Comment

Working...
            X