Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wind blew the cover off the range hood vent.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wind blew the cover off the range hood vent.

https://www.granddesignrv.com/owner-...s/detail/30602
    This is the cover that was blown off, and the vent flap jammed at 90 degrees open. I had worked on this last year to get the vent flap from sticking. Cover has two tabs broken so I need to replace.
    So is there a better cover, I could not get a part number match (will call tomorrow) but found these?
    https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Black...-p/22-0679.htm
    https://www.amazon.com/Hengs-J116BK-...GA7MT5QSFPXDPJ

Tomorrow I will look closer at the cover and get measurement. I found ti after noticing water dripping from the belly near the low point drains (low point in belly covering) and went looking for where water could get into the belly. I calked a couple of spots, then found the vent at it was getting dark.

We had some very high wind gusts (50 ) and with the trailer backed up to the garage I suspect a vortex formed. Found cover a ways away. Depending on when it happened rain or snow could have gotten in. Need to do more looking tomorrow to be sure where the leak came from.
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Keith,

You may want to go the GDRV route since they have upgraded these a few times. They sent one to me that was an upgrade and before I installed it, the second rendition arrived with a much stronger latching design. When you remove the unit, you will notice the unprotected luan in the opening.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by MidwestCamper View Post
      Keith,

You may want to go the GDRV route since they have upgraded these a few times. They sent one to me that was an upgrade and before I installed it, the second rendition arrived with a much stronger latching design. When you remove the unit, you will notice the unprotected luan in the opening.

Jim
      Is there a chance you have a picture or part number on the second addition with the better latch?
      2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Keith,

Sorry my storage cover has been installed and I would no longer have a part number. The second replacement unit has a very positive snap-in type lock where if it helps there are two square tabs on the flap that you push on to latch or pull up to unlatch. This unit also had larger diameter pins on the flap that retains it into the housing. I remember the screw pattern was slightly different but otherwise fit perfectly.

Jim

Comment

Working...
        X