Leak from top of baggage door

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leak from top of baggage door

The outdoor kitchen door is leaking from the top of the door frame it appears, where the middle hinge attaches to the frame. It looks strange but the seal is intact and properly placed all the way around the inside of the door frame, which should have kept the water out anyway(?). Here's a photo from the inside.

I'm guessing that the hinge doesn't fully seat against the door seal when the door closes? There's a separate piece of rubber seal that looks like it's slowly getting pulled towards the outside of the frame.
    I'm used to the normal leaks from the outer frame or screws that aren't sealed letting water in, or damaged seals but not this. This is also the first baggage door I've had with this kind of hinge.
    Thanks,
    Colin

2021 320MKS -- 2020 Chevy Silverado HD LT Duramax -- 2,900 miles and counting

Welcome to the forum and the family!! I see that you are new and as you look around the forum, this welcome letter will help you find your way.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

There were several threads about this issue in the past. A search should bring them up and provide some solutions.
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

MechWolf

I had this same problem with our 29RS. I removed the hole door and frame assembly and resealed , helped but did not cure. I noticed while opening and closing the door the middle section above the hinge in your picture was moving up and down during opening and closing. This had broken the seal between the flange and the slide wall. I questioned the GD techs at the 2019 National Rally and there fix was to add 2 screws in the outside flange into the slide wall , about the length of the hinge apart in distance. They also added a stick on foam strip gasket around the top where the gasket in your picture is. Both these items stopped the water intrusion but I think the 2 screws where the answer.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Thanks for the point about sealing the frame - that seems to have fixed it and without having to add any additional screws. I had added some sticky backed rubber seal at the hinge, but it still leaked. Then I resealed the frame and screw holes with silicone sealant and just checked on it after a big rain and not a drop. I don't think the mangled rubber in the hinge recess had anything to do with it.

Comment

Working...
        X