Adding Lighting to the Exterior of my 2017 Reflection 297RSTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding Lighting to the Exterior of my 2017 Reflection 297RSTS

When the slide is extended on our 297RSTS, the light from the awning LED strip is mostly blocked. I added an exterior 12V LED light by tapping into the power source for the lighted speakers. Now, when I want more light outside, I simply turn on the speaker lights and viola, there is much more lighting.
    Last edited by howson; 12-02-2020, 06:53 PM.
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Hey Jim,

Will the factory put the new light back on when they replace that wall, or will you have to do it again? Glad you brought it up, I was thinking about it the other day.
    Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
    2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Originally posted by Steve7 View Post
      Hey Jim,

Will the factory put the new light back on when they replace that wall, or will you have to do it again? Glad you brought it up, I was thinking about it the other day.
      Steve - Since the light is on the slide out, it wasn't touched. The wall that was replaced was the main wall.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post

Steve - Since the light is on the slide out, it wasn't touched. The wall that was replaced was the main wall.

Jim
        Ahhhh, got it...
        Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
        2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
        2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Jim - that's a simple and great mod.

When GDRV replaced our walls I was surprised near the end of the process to get an email and then talk with Val that they also replaced all three slide walls too. They said the slide walls had delamination too. That really surprised me and I still wonder why. Val did mention something about the gel maybe not matching between the compartment doors and new walls but I wonder if it may have been a color match item as well for the slide exterior walls. Or may they damaged each one and had to fix them too !

In any event, you may want to check with Val on your slide walls possibly getting replaced too if not aware of status.

Dan
          Dan & Carol
          2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
          2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Actually she called me when it was done, then sent me a complete list of all the work that was performed. They did a lot more than asked for. In fact, the replaced the roof of the slide out. I'm wondering if it was damaged during removal.
            Jim and Ginnie

Comment

Working...
            X