Underbelly (Coroplast) Zipper Patch and Tape Recommendation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underbelly (Coroplast) Zipper Patch and Tape Recommendation

Moderator note: Information is from Megan, with my comments added in italics. -Howard

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Need to cut a hole in the coroplast (underbelly)? GD recommends sealing it (and leaving future access) using a zipper pouch using GD part #110011, available through a GDRV dealer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7933.png
Views:	1350
Size:	161.8 KB
ID:	50424

We also recommend using eternabond tape; it works very well on the underbelly.
    Last edited by howson; 04-30-2021, 11:11 AM.

Do we have a recommendation / solution for resealing the new version of the coroplast or will the eternabond work for that one also?
    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
    Nash County, NC
    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
      Do we have a recommendation / solution for resealing the new version of the coroplast or will the eternabond work for that one also?
      This should work for both, Jerry. Please note I'm going from what I've been told--I have not tested this myself.
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

GDRV-Megan I would like more information on the zippered pouch; length, width, cost, etc.; but am unable to find it on the parts lists. Can you provide some or part of this information or point me in the right direction?
        John
        2018 Momentum 395M
        2018 Ram 3500 Dually
        Every day is a Saturday, but with no lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
          GDRV-Megan I would like more information on the zippered pouch; length, width, cost, etc.; but am unable to find it on the parts lists. Can you provide some or part of this information or point me in the right direction?
          You will need to contact our parts dept directly for this information. They can be reached at 574-825-9679. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by JBill9694 View Post
            If you google the phrase there are suppliers out there. Here's one example: https://www.automotiveauthorityllc.c...derbelly-holes

Click image for larger version

Name:	authority.JPG
Views:	469
Size:	116.8 KB
ID:	52353
            Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
            2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

We took delivery of our 2020 Solitude on March 5th last year. Left it in the Ft Myers campground two weeks later for the summer (tied down). Returned in late Sept to some interior mods, and found one of these zippered access flaps had come loose, and tape barely holding it up on one end. This was located toward the rear, and allows access to the propane and electrical connections to the fireplace/kitchen slide.

There had been some high winds as one of the hurricanes passed by, but the campground said they had very little damage to trees etc.

So, my question is, Does the presence of this zipper cover on my unit mean repairs had been done to my unit at the factory; or that it was a standard part of new builds?

Either way, the tape came loose. I repositioned the insulation and secured it in place with screws at about 4 in intervals.
              Doug & Barb
              2020 Solitude 377MBS-R
              2013 F-150 Lariat SuperCrew SB, 2WD, 3.5 EB, Stock Suspension & Michelin Tires
              No, we don’t pull the Solitude, it’s permanently parked on our campsite in SW Fla.
              Previous: Keystone Premier 31BHPR w/Equalizer 1200 WD Hitch

Comment

SolitudeAtLast

Grand Design confirmed (in a recent meeting with moderators of this forum) that the zippered patch can indicate a repair before the trailer left the factory. It could also indicate a repair by a dealer. Zippered openings are not part of the normal factory build process.

Rob
                Cate & Rob
                (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
                2015 Reflection 303RLS
                2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
                Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Somewhat related question, but what is the recommended tape for the tarp type material used to cover the flooring on the underside?
                  2019 Imagine 2400BH
                  2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

StephenO Are you asking about the coroplast (plastic cardboard type) or the fabric that is underneath the floor that isn't protected by the coroplast?
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by ThePowells View Post
                      StephenO Are you asking about the coroplast (plastic cardboard type) or the fabric that is underneath the floor that isn't protected by the coroplast?
                      The fabric not protected by the coroplast. Ours has taken a few rocks kicked up by the TV and needs some small patchwork. Thanks!
                      2019 Imagine 2400BH
                      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Working...
                      X