Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Awning Lights - is it possible to change the color?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Awning Lights - is it possible to change the color?

Hi!
    I am completely new to this group and super excited as we just purchased our camper. We went with the Grand Design Imagine 2400BH. We are in WI so unfortunately when we picked up from the dealer it went right to storage so we havent had a ton of time to really looking at certain items specifically. With being in WI mosquito season can be a fun one. Our only thing we would really hope to change on our camper at this point is possibly the color of the lighting under the awning, hopefully to not attract as many mosquitos. Has anyone changed the awning light color? Is it even possible? Any tips and tricks are appreciated. (I was browsing thru some topics already and we do plan on adding a dimmer to the awning lights)

It's possible, but..You would have to change the LED strip.
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
    2021 303RLS
    Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

I always like to say when gathering system requirements, "Anything is possible, just depends on how much time and money is available".

Just doing a quick Dr. G search, there are a few videos on YouTube showing a replacement on the LED strip. Essentially it looks like you need to swap out the lighting strip itself, and then install a controller that enables the color changing feature. Unless you are going for a fixed color, then it's probably as simple as just changing the light strip.
      2019 Imagine 2400BH
      2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

I don't think they make any/much heat. What about transparent, amber tape over the existing? Would accomplish the same thing.
        Dave and Darren Bakersfield, CA
        2019 GMC Denali dually 4x4 duramax, BW puck hitch, timbrens
        2015 Chevrolet 3500 CC duramax SB SRW (much loved; replaced with dually)
        2021 Solitude 390 RK-R (3 A/C, solar, gen, 8K axles DP glass), comfort ride shocks, VIN 03584
        Max and Riley, our chihuahua/jack russell furbabies

Comment

kkreger919 Welcome to the family and the forum!
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X