Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

3 Season Doors on 320G -- Anyone Do This?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3 Season Doors on 320G -- Anyone Do This?

3 season doors for Momentum 320 G - anyone ever install?

Hi, thinking about getting 3 season doors for our Toy Hauler (it didn't come with them and we bought in 2020 CoVid, and were not offered that option).
    Since both of us work out of the garage, I was thinking it would be a nice thing to have.
    I contacted GD customer service, who referred me to Lippert to purchase. They said that since my unit didn't come with them they couldn't give me the exact part number.
    I can have them sent to the dealer who can install them for over $2000 or I can have them sent here and do it myself.
    Just wondering on anyone's experience for installing themselves, and if there are any "gotcha's"
    Thoughts?

williakc -- posting and tagging so you get a nofification that your question is here in this thread.

Welcome to the forum!

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Originally posted by williakc View Post
      3 season doors for Momentum 320 G - anyone ever install?

Hi, thinking about getting 3 season doors for our Toy Hauler (it didn't come with them and we bought in 2020 CoVid, and were not offered that option).
      Since both of us work out of the garage, I was thinking it would be a nice thing to have.
      I contacted GD customer service, who referred me to Lippert to purchase. They said that since my unit didn't come with them they couldn't give me the exact part number.
      I can have them sent to the dealer who can install them for over $2000 or I can have them sent here and do it myself.
      Just wondering on anyone's experience for installing themselves, and if there are any "gotcha's"
      Thoughts?
      I don't have any experience installing this because ours came with it.

I have a much smaller toy hauler (21G) that has the 3 season doors and my wife and I REALLY like them. Any chance we get we drop the back to let the light and air into the trailer. It's especially nice when the back of your trailer has gorgeous views

We've backed up to a beach. Were able to watch, smell and hear the waves crashing into the shoreline.

We've backed into a forest in Southern Utah on the edge of a 200' drop off where you could see miles and miles of valleys, forests, lake and the beautiful red rocks.

IF you got the money, I recommend them.
      Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Yes,if your mechanically inclined it’s not bad!.When ya complete the job in little over a hour you will be tickled.ITS WORTH SAVING 2K,ITSTHAT EASY!!!.What’s deceiving is the packageing.Mine has the glass panels crated up in wood.WHen ya get all the parts you will think your missing parts,because of the number or parts,it’s not that bad.I have my master’s in HVAC ,When I got the parts home I said no way I’m missing parts ,and you get 0 instructions,and lippert has very little as well. Here’s my email if ya have any issues- Jrconcepts@gmail.com. ITS CAKE! WE HAVE A 25G 5/16 x 3/4. self tapping screws will be your best friend,meaning the head is 5/16
        overall 3/4 long.Back end where the doors hang has aluminum in the wall for support .THE MOST CRITICAL IS THE DISTANCE FROM THE REAR TO WHERE THE FRAME GOES ,ITS ONLINE NO WORRIES,YA GOT MINE I CAN PULL MEASUREMENTS.
        Last edited by Gibsonguy; 03-31-2022, 03:17 AM.
        2020 Momentum 25G
        2017 F250 gasser
        Jimmy Virginia Beach ,Va.

Comment

Dealer quoted me $2100 for the doors and $700-800 to install. Also thinking about doing it myself. What have you seen for prices?
          2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
          2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
          x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Comment

Well I contacted Lippert directly at the direction of Grand Design customer service.
            Lippert told me that I cannot buy the doors myself
            Good afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out. My apologies, but the 3 season door kits are not sold aftermarket. Those are manufacturer direct kits only. If a part cannot be found on our Lippert Online Store, usually that means the part is not sold aftermarket to retail customers or dealers. We do carry a handful of items that are only available through the manufactures. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you,

Susan Teall
            OEM Customer Service Supervisor
            Lippert

----------------------
            This after Grand Design told me to contact them because they couldn't tell me which part I needed since it didn't come with my unit
            -----
            Hi Loryn,

The patio 3 season door is not used in your unit so I cannot see the system you may need. I have provided the Lippert part number for you ramp door though. If you reach out to Lippert, they should be able to assist you.
            ITEM #560703
            DESCRIPTIONDNU-RAMP DOOR 4000 92 X 96 FBK 4LS 3.6875HINB PWFP BKW 2CLK 23.0
            VENDOR PART #V000481181

Thank you,

Retail Parts Advisor
            11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN. 46540
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Frustrated now - but going to have to call GD and talk to a person. I find it hard to believe that I can't get a 3 season door after the unit had been delivered

Comment

Originally posted by williakc View Post
              Well I contacted Lippert directly at the direction of Grand Design customer service.
              Lippert told me that I cannot buy the doors myself
              Good afternoon,

Thank you for reaching out. My apologies, but the 3 season door kits are not sold aftermarket. Those are manufacturer direct kits only. If a part cannot be found on our Lippert Online Store, usually that means the part is not sold aftermarket to retail customers or dealers. We do carry a handful of items that are only available through the manufactures. I am sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Thank you,

Susan Teall
              OEM Customer Service Supervisor
              Lippert

----------------------
              This after Grand Design told me to contact them because they couldn't tell me which part I needed since it didn't come with my unit
              -----
              Hi Loryn,

The patio 3 season door is not used in your unit so I cannot see the system you may need. I have provided the Lippert part number for you ramp door though. If you reach out to Lippert, they should be able to assist you.
              ITEM #560703
              DESCRIPTIONDNU-RAMP DOOR 4000 92 X 96 FBK 4LS 3.6875HINB PWFP BKW 2CLK 23.0
              VENDOR PART #V000481181

Thank you,

Retail Parts Advisor
              11356 CR 2, Middlebury, IN. 46540
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Frustrated now - but going to have to call GD and talk to a person. I find it hard to believe that I can't get a 3 season door after the unit had been delivered
              That's bogus. The dealer I bought my trailer from said they order them all the time. I literally called a couple days ago and he found them on the website and said they have multiple orders for them currently active and lead time is 2 weeks.
              2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
              2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
              x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Comment

I think NickinCO is going thru his dealer and williakc tried to purchase direct from Lippert, you will have to go thru a dealer for this item.

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Since my dealer is over 2 hours away, yes we were trying to go through Lippert directly. I will reach out to the dealer and see if they will ship them to my house.
                  Seems kinda silly but I guess if hat is the way it has to work...

Comment

williakcIf you do get the 3 season doors and install them yourself, make sure you install them exactly horizontal. If you don't the doors have issues when opening and closing.
                    Allen

2021 Momentum 21G

Comment

Has anyone ever contacted a door/window manufacturing company directly ? Theres places that build patio door and outdoor aluminum enclosures each and every day. It might be worth a little research. Its not like Lippert is the only place that builds these sort of things.
                      2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2024 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas with faux Allison 10 speed. Nellie the Diva, wonder boxer

Comment

Lippert has this site on their version.

https://support.lci1.com/three-season-doors

Jim

Comment

Working...
                        X