Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Micro Scratches from Brushes Used Full Body Paint - DIY or Hire Detailer in So Cal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Micro Scratches from Brushes Used Full Body Paint - DIY or Hire Detailer in So Cal?

Hi all,

I had my full body painted Solitude washed and the people who washed it used brushes that left behind micro scratches, so now I’m working on figuring out whether to attempt to fix it myself or who to hire in the Southern California (inland empire area) for the job.

Has anybody been in a similar position? Did you fix the paint yourself? Any reason I may not want to fix it myself? The scratches aren’t deep so I don’t think it would be very difficult, but I certainly don’t want to mess the paint up by trying to save a buck.

Any thoughts would be appreciated and if you happen to have any recommendations for detailers in So Cal, please let me know!

Thank you!

Brian

Have you tried cleaning a scratched area by hand? I have seen water leave behind some strong looking things on all of my campers and cars when washing and not getting it dried quick enough.

Other than that, since it's a full body paint, any good detail shop should be able to buff the areas.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

A hand buffer and glazing compound will remove micro scratches. Then a quality wax can be applied to protect the surface. You will not believe how smooth the paint will be after this process.

3M makes great glazing and polishing products.

https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/collisio...es-and-glazes/

Jim

Comment

Hi Brian,

The full body paint is applied by Precision Painting in Bremen Indiana. I've been to their facility and it's quite impressive. I'd suggest you call them at 574-546-4473 and talk to one of their painting experts on how to address the micro scratches. They know the chemistry and techniques for their product, and are very customer oriented.

Jim
        Jim and Ginnie
        2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
        GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
        GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Please let us know what they recommend.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          X