2400bh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2400bh

Just wondering what folks think of 2400BH? is the swinteck slide system too light for having a dinette and a fridge in it? if the slide is in it apprears a person cannot get into the front bedroom? can a person open the slide a bit to load up?

Yeah I was looking at the BH2400 but ended up going with the BH2800. Worth the $$. You get 2 doors to access the bedroom with the slide in. Also more counter space and you’ll get a reclining sofa with the fridge moved to the kitchen side. Just wondering why your deciding on the BH2400?
    2022 Imagine BH2800
    ProPride P3 hitch
    2013 Ford F-150 4x4, 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Zahn View Post
      Just wondering what folks think of 2400BH? is the swinteck slide system too light for having a dinette and a fridge in it? if the slide is in it apprears a person cannot get into the front bedroom? can a person open the slide a bit to load up?
      Me personally, I could not wrap my head around the frig alone in the slide. You read a lot of comments about when the slides are in you should not put any extra weight on the slide, mainly because it is floating above the floor once in. With that do you empty the frig before bringing in the slide to travel to your next destination? Not to mention the weight of it coming in.
      Commenting on your last part of your question. I have always been told to make sure your stabilizers are down and being level of course you should not run your slide out. But you drive by a dealer, and every Trailer has its slide out and no stabilizers down. On top of that people walking in and around with it like that. That’s my 2 cents.
      2020 Grand Design - 2600RB - Pulling with a 2005 Dodge 2500 5.9 Cummins 4x4. (Texas)

Comment

Welcome to the forum, even if you are just shopping at this point. Lots of good information on here, so stick around, and fair warning, the other members here are really good at spending your money

We really like our 2400BH, and you are correct that you cannot get into the front bedroom when the slide is closed. However, you are able to get your arms through to throw in smaller things like pillows or bed sheets up there. Of course that is depending on muscle mass and how big your arms are . The inability to get into their when loading up really bugged me at first, and to be honest still kinda does, but we've been able to work around it with some planning ahead. Essentially keep stuff up there that you'll always want when camping, think lawn chairs, camp stove, etc. otherwise it stays in the mid or rear sections.

You are able to open the fridge enough to load food though when the slide is closed. That would have been an automatic no-go for us if you couldn't. I would never want to have to put the slide out just to put food in the fridge.

End of the day, access to the front bedroom would be very nice, but again we make it work.

Is the schwintek slide too light? Maybe. But, I have noticed that Grand Design will make changes to each model based on issues. For example, the 2800BH used to come with a schwintek slide, but doesn't any more, meaning it was likely too heavy. However, the 2400BH has always come with a schwintek.

One final thought we had when deciding between the 2400 and the 2800 was towing ability. Specifically, on paper a 1/2T truck would have handled the 2800, but really that trailer is better suited for a 3/4T or higher, and at the time we wanted a 1/2T because I commute to work. However, now with the pandemic and long-term working from home, perhaps a 1T wouldn't have been so bad
        2019 Imagine 2400BH
        2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Originally posted by jdfritz View Post
          Yeah I was looking at the BH2400 but ended up going with the BH2800. Worth the $$. You get 2 doors to access the bedroom with the slide in. Also more counter space and you’ll get a reclining sofa with the fridge moved to the kitchen side. Just wondering why your deciding on the BH2400?
          we want bunks and I drive a 2018 Tundra so I'm thinking the 2800 is too big. My goal was to be under 6000 pounds emply and under 30'. My wife wants bunks.

Comment

and we have to buy a slightly used model due to the new ones have 12v fridges and our campsite is dry. I am not going to spend $$$$ on batteries and solar.

Comment

we want bunks and I drive a 2018 Tundra so I'm thinking the 2800 is too big. My goal was to be under 6000 pounds emply and under 30'. My wife wants bunks.
              Happy wife, happy life. Yes the bunks are so nice to have. This is our second travel trailer with bunks.
              2022 Imagine BH2800
              ProPride P3 hitch
              2013 Ford F-150 4x4, 3.5 Ecoboost

Comment

I have a 2400bh and agree with all of StephenO comments, in particular 1/2 ton capability. We have never had reason to access the bedroom when the slide is in... just how we pack/travel, I guess. As far as the bunkhouse... I pulled out the bunk and made a nice sleeping space for my sister who camps with us (kids are grown and have their own kit).

Mike
                Mike & Sonya
                2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
                Blue Ox SwayPro
                2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Originally posted by NoPeeking View Post
                  I pulled out the bunk and made a nice sleeping space for my sister who camps with us (kids are grown and have their own kit).

Mike
                  Mike - if you haven't already, you should post some pictures of your bunkhouse modification, I'd be curious to see it
                  2019 Imagine 2400BH
                  2019 F150 XLT Super Crew, EcoBoost, 6.5' box, Max tow package with 3.55 ratio

Comment

Randy Zahn welcome to the forum!
                    Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
                    Nash County, NC
                    2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Originally posted by StephenO View Post

Welcome to the forum, even if you are just shopping at this point. Lots of good information on here, so stick around, and fair warning, the other members here are really good at spending your money

We really like our 2400BH, and you are correct that you cannot get into the front bedroom when the slide is closed. However, you are able to get your arms through to throw in smaller things like pillows or bed sheets up there. Of course that is depending on muscle mass and how big your arms are . The inability to get into their when loading up really bugged me at first, and to be honest still kinda does, but we've been able to work around it with some planning ahead. Essentially keep stuff up there that you'll always want when camping, think lawn chairs, camp stove, etc. otherwise it stays in the mid or rear sections.

You are able to open the fridge enough to load food though when the slide is closed. That would have been an automatic no-go for us if you couldn't. I would never want to have to put the slide out just to put food in the fridge.

End of the day, access to the front bedroom would be very nice, but again we make it work.

Is the schwintek slide too light? Maybe. But, I have noticed that Grand Design will make changes to each model based on issues. For example, the 2800BH used to come with a schwintek slide, but doesn't any more, meaning it was likely too heavy. However, the 2400BH has always come with a schwintek.

One final thought we had when deciding between the 2400 and the 2800 was towing ability. Specifically, on paper a 1/2T truck would have handled the 2800, but really that trailer is better suited for a 3/4T or higher, and at the time we wanted a 1/2T because I commute to work. However, now with the pandemic and long-term working from home, perhaps a 1T wouldn't have been so bad
                      I'm just going to second everything said above.

We don't have any real issues with no access to the bedroom - or park somewhere you can let the slide out a little, access, and pull it back in. There are times I wish we had the 2800BH....but it is even more weight on the truck AND more towing weight....with a half ton....really at times that is light for the 2400BH let alone the 2800BH.

Happy shopping.
                      2020 Imagine 2400BH
                      2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Just learned directly from a lipert technical rep that you are NOT supposed to take it out a little...always go all the way and all the way back in to keep it in sync.
                        2020 Imagine 2400BH
                        2017 Ford F350 Platinum FX4/4x4 SuperCrew 6.7L V8 Diesel 9' Bed SRW, Leveled + Airbags

Our Mods

Comment

Working...
                        X