Underbelly of Reflection 220RK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Underbelly of Reflection 220RK

I hope it is OK to post this, but if not move or delete. As I took my coroplast totally down I thought I would post pictures of the underbelly framing and tank locations as well as wiring and heating runs. This is specific to my unit, but the other smaller 150 series models with the rear kitchen should be close

Starting curb side rear

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1305s.jpg
Views:	666
Size:	141.0 KB
ID:	98145 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1306s.jpg
Views:	476
Size:	123.2 KB
ID:	98146
    Rear gray tank and heating run visible. In photo two the cross member holding the spare tire carrier are shown All cross member are welded except the one fram member on one side of the tank. It is bolted on each end (two self drilling screws) Fresh water tanks far left in second photo.

Name:	IMG_1307s.jpg
Views:	475
Size:	115.6 KB
ID:	98147 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1308s.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	132.8 KB
ID:	98148
    Fresh water tank is supported by 2 cross members, but not across the center where I found the tank bulging. Left support is welded to the cross member at an angle so water flow to the outlet. The right support is screwed to the frame (two self drilling screws per end) I found all these screws loose. Tank is also free to move sideways $' to 6" . I will be putting in stop blocks or a retention cross member to stop this movement. Exit valves for gray tank (foreground) and black tank (background can also be see. there is an outlet from the heating duct that goes to the rear gray tanks here. Note the tight bend on the valve cables. I am going to look at re-routing theses to get gentler bends. I may ass Robs zerk fitting idea too. Cate&Rob

to be continued......
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Continuing street side moving to just forward of front axle.

Name:	IMG_1309s.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	119.4 KB
ID:	98150 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1310s.jpg
Views:	411
Size:	115.8 KB
ID:	98151
    Gray and Black tanks as supported by side channels. In checking there is very little movement in these tanks, but I can find no stop blocking. It appear the outlet piping keeps then in position. Both tanks have a pronounced soft bulge in the center. I plan to use some strapping from outside fame to outside frame to help keep the bulge up. Is is significant enough to prevent the tanks from fully draining. I am hoping to find some way to add a vertical rod to hold the strap in the center, but the two channels welded back to back have an issue that I cant drill into the flanges as the tank lip is directly above. Maybe Ill have the welder weld a nut I can screw some all-thread into. The two outside channels holding the tanks up are removable. Again held in place with two self drilling screws. I need to remember to check for cracks in this area on the internal supports. Not much room here for insulation unless I have the 2x2 box beam that us under the suspension attachment points extended full length on the frame

Now starting street side rear

Name:	IMG_1311s.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	161.9 KB
ID:	98152 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1312s.jpg
Views:	401
Size:	154.6 KB
ID:	98153
    Outlet side of kitchen gray tank. The heat duct comes from up front. the propane lines are out of place where I tied them back to remove the coroplast. Plenty of room here for rigid insulation. The existing rigid foam in the picture I placed to hold wiring up when I did my back up light install.

to be continued.....
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Moving forward street side

Name:	IMG_1313s.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	98155 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1314s.jpg
Views:	385
Size:	128.3 KB
ID:	98156
      Picture of other side of spare tire carrier. Second photo is just behind rear axle. Fresh water tank visible far left.

Name:	IMG_1317s.jpg
Views:	402
Size:	95.7 KB
ID:	98157 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1319s.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	98158
      Fresh water tank and the plumbing to the low point drain. Ill try and get a better picture of the overflow piping. The blue tube (top front) in the second photo is my overflow piping to prevent water loss when driving. I will probably tweak this to have a true low point at eh valve. There is room to work so should not be a big problem.. This is the side I need to figure out a stop block or cross member to keep the tank from moving sideways. Not how large the heat duct opening is here and the feed line continues to the rear. I doubt is much heat is getting to the back gray tank. Any thoughts on how to improve are welcome. Also note the opening the red/blue pex line come down (second photo). This goes up behind the false wall and is open to the furnace intake. the floor vent behind the toilet into the same space is directly above. Black tank is in the foreground.

to be continued......

Comment

Continuing street side in front of the axles.

Name:	IMG_1320s.jpg
Views:	450
Size:	144.1 KB
ID:	98161 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1321s.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	124.0 KB
ID:	98162
        Pictures of the black (fairground) and bath gray tanks. The bulge is a little more visible here. Cross pipe in foreground is part of the steadfast system in the second photo.

Name:	IMG_1322s.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	124.4 KB
ID:	98163 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1325s.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	98164
        Forward end of tanks and last cross member . Flat area to left is floor of front bay. Second photo is from the front looking to the rear. In the center between the two tanks is the double channel I talked about.

Tomorrow I plan to start scraping the sealant off of the frame and reattaching the propane lines. I also will be trying up the electric cabling so I can drive the unit to the repair shop. I will try and get a few more detailed photographs as I go. There are a few other good photos in my "Belly of the beast " thread

The good news is I have not spotted any more cracks other than the 8 found already. There is also good access from the inside for repair too. Ill add them later as I go

Thoughts? Questions? Spot anything?

Thanks Keith

Comment

Working...
        X