Roof Leak 2022 310GK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roof Leak 2022 310GK

Anyone else had this happening to the factory sealant around the antenna on a 2022 Solitude 310GK?

2022 Solitude 310GK
    N5HC

Conny Jonsson

See https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...na-base-310-gk

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I have small hands and I can get my whole hand into the "void" of the antenna dome.
      The water was building up on the low side of the roof.
      When the "puddle inside the dome grows large enough, water spills over the edge (you can see how it drips from the cut "TPO?").
      Small rain showers and the puddle does not get big enough to spill over the edge. But it still humid as heck inside that roof space.
      During the rain I pulled out over 20 fully soaked shop rags with water. And it still was building water.
      So I left Orlando this Tuesday afternoon, headed north. Did not want to have the RV roof totally soaked up.
      Had the "Alpha" self leveling sealant that I bought "just" incase. Added that as a temporary fix.
      2022 Solitude 310GK
      N5HC

Comment

And WineGard WiFi hotspot was full of water. All electronics, and powered by 12VDC, submersed in water. Not working any more.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0303.jpg
Views:	327
Size:	123.6 KB
ID:	99208
        Attached Files
        2022 Solitude 310GK
        N5HC

Comment

Originally posted by Conny Jonsson View Post
          Anyone else had this happening to the factory sealant around the antenna on a 2022 Solitude 310GK?

I used Eternabond to completely seal the antenna -- many short strips to cover it all. . No leaks so far. I have had Eternabond on all of the roof items on my last three RVs and it seems to work fine. You might consider that. I used the Eternabond over the sealant.

Charles
          2021 Solitude 310 GK-R. 2020 F-250LB, 7.3L, 4.30, Reese 27K

Comment

Still under warranty, less than a year old. I'll wait until I get some response from GDRV.
            But the Eternabond should probably be in my emergency repair kit.
            Thanks for the tip.
            2022 Solitude 310GK
            N5HC

Comment

I had the exact same thing happen on my 2022 378MBS. Dealer had to redo the caulking around the antenna. Seems good now. I will need to check the WIFI unit to see if it got submerged like yours.

Rob
              Rob & Barb
              2022 RAM 3500 Big Horn, 6.7 Cummins HO/Aisin
              2022 Solitude 378MBS

Comment

And I also discovered that I have water soaked insulation.
                2022 Solitude 310GK
                N5HC

Comment

I opened a ticket/case with GDRV and included the URL for this port.
                  Apparently GDRV aren't allowed to open URL's Ponting to this site....
                  2022 Solitude 310GK
                  N5HC

Comment

And I also discovered that I have water soaked insulation.
                    If the insulation is soaked then I would think it will turn out to be a big job compared to just reseal a small area.

Comment

GDRV response so far: It's your (owner) fault not maintaining the sealants in accordance to the Owners Manual. They have not yet provided any evidence that I did not.

My advice is, don't even try to get any service from GDRV.

It's either the owners or the dealers responsibility.

2022 Solitude 310GK
                      N5HC

Comment

I guess you need to read the manual and have GD state where in the manual maintenance on a sealed component on the roof is supposed to be pulled apart on a new camper to be sealed. Ensure you read the manual for the component also.

Also ask them to elevate the issue. You may just need to keep on the dealer and GD to get it resolved. Sometimes being the squeaky wheel helps.
                        Joseph
                        Tow
                        Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                        Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                        South of Houston Texas

Comment

GDRV response so far: It's your (owner) fault not maintaining the sealants in accordance to the Owners Manual. They have not yet provided any evidence that I did not.

My advice is, don't even try to get any service from GDRV.

It's either the owners or the dealers responsibility.
                          Are you able to get on the roof and take pictures of the antenna as it is right now? I'd like to see how the original antenna was sealed. (If in doubt--don't go on the roof. No need to for a trip to the ER!)
                          Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
                          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Current pictures from the roof is in the youtube video.

I noticed that antenna wiggled slightly left to to right. That wiggle opened up the void toward the center of the roof. There where no noticeable wiggle front to back.

Did not have the tools or time to remove the antenna. Hurricane Nicolle was approaching so I just slapped on two tubes of sealant.

And if you can’t access the roof your self, or hire someone todo so, every three month to inspect the seals you fail the “purchaser’s obligation”

But what I gather so far from GDRV is it does not matter if you keep up with the “purchaser’s obligation” or not, because after 180 days from purchase its 100% the customers responsibility.

So I will take pictures when I remove the antenna and verify that the antenna was appropriately mounted. I suspect it was not, because of the wiggle.
                            2022 Solitude 310GK
                            N5HC

Comment

I had the same issue, but found the compromised sealant before any leakage. I re-sealed and so far after a a few months it appears to be intact.

https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...-to-or-replace

Mike
                              Mike & Sonya
                              2017 Silverado 1500, 5.3, Tow Pkg, RAS
                              Blue Ox SwayPro
                              2021 2400BH (DeBunked)

Comment

Working...
                              X