Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Imagining Good Times!

Newbies to gdrvowners!

We picked up our Imagine XLS 22RBE July 2021 and have taken a few successful trips so far. We’ve also done a number of upgrades, including a solar/battery upgrade that gives us the “power” to have more freedom of choice on where to stay.

We’re looking forward to an extended trip to the southeast soon and figure we just need to get on with it and learn how to handle situations as they come along.

I’m looking forward to learning from the group and sharing what I know!​
    Steve & Pat
    2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE; 2021 Ram1500; e2 Hitch 800
    1200W Solar; 600Ah LiFePO4; 3000W Invrtr; 30A DC-DC​

Originally posted by CTSteveO View Post
    Newbies to gdrvowners!

We picked up our Imagine XLS 22RBE July 2021 and have taken a few successful trips so far. We’ve also done a number of upgrades, including a solar/battery upgrade that gives us the “power” to have more freedom of choice on where to stay.

We’re looking forward to an extended trip to the southeast soon and figure we just need to get on with it and learn how to handle situations as they come along.

I’m looking forward to learning from the group and sharing what I know!​
    Glad you're here, and look forward to your contributions.

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Welcome, glad to have you here. You have already been fitting in very well.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by CTSteveO View Post
        Newbies to gdrvowners!

That's how we learned. Back in the 90's we bought a used 21' 5th wheel. Two weeks later our first 'shakedown' trip was across Canada to the west coast and back. I didn't even bring a toolbox! Just the jack for changing a tire.
        While I don't recommend doing what I did, re:tools, hope you have a fun successful trip!

2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
        2021 303RLS
        Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Scott'n'Wendy Yeah, I plan to bring some tools, but the eternal question is how many and which ones. Ugh! The weight adds up quick. I can bring spare bearings, etc. I feel that even if I haven’t replaced a part before, half the battle if something goes wrong is to have the replacement parts on hand. But we can’t bring a spare travel trailer just to have all the spare parts. So we need to strike a balance. We shall see.
          Last edited by CTSteveO; 12-04-2022, 11:25 PM. Reason: Typo
          Steve & Pat
          2021 Imagine XLS 22RBE; 2021 Ram1500; e2 Hitch 800
          1200W Solar; 600Ah LiFePO4; 3000W Invrtr; 30A DC-DC​

Comment

My philosophy is to bring tools to fix things, not parts except for some pex plumbing bits. I don't bring springs or bearings or slide motors, or anything like that. If I brought all that, a bird would fly into a window and break it...just to prove to me I'll never be able to guess what will break on a trip.
            2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins w Aisin and 9 cup holders
            2021 303RLS
            Electricians were created because engineers need heroes too...

Comment

Working...
            X