We DID IT!!!! Ordered our 337 Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We DID IT!!!! Ordered our 337 Today

After a lot of research and touring GD manufacturing facility in July. I joined this forum about a month ago and have received great responses.

Thank you so much,
    Jay

I stopped at dealership today to check on delivery date. Our 337 RLS has been there a week and they didn’t know it. Suppose to pick it up Friday.
    Last edited by Jay HHI6818; 02-13-2023, 05:54 PM.
    Jay & Patty Wallace
    2023 Reflection 337 RLS
    2022 Silverado 3500 HD High Country Duramax 6.6L Allison 10 SP

congrats to you

Comment

Originally posted by Jay HHI6818 View Post
      After a lot of research and touring GD manufacturing facility in July. I joined this forum about a month ago and have received great responses.

Thank you so much,
      Jay
      Jay,
      Now it's time to prepare for the Pre-Delivery Inspection. If there are issues on the trailer, find them before handing over your cash and signing the paperwork. If you need a place to start, here's a thread link: https://gdrvowners.com/tools-parts-o...very-checklist

There's even a (long!) GDRV video on YouTube on how to PDI an Imagine. (Most of the items will likely be applicable to your Reflection.)

How to PDI your Imagine Travel Trailer

Any questions, fire away.

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
      2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Hi Jay,

Congratulations! When is your expected delivery date? This will have an affect on you PDI expectations if before/after freezing weather.
        BTW, your signature is a little confusing . . . Solitude 337 ?

Rob
        Cate & Rob
        (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
        2015 Reflection 303RLS
        2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
        Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Congratulations, we love our 337RLS.
          Make sure you are prepared for the PDI, we walked away from one because it was damaged and the dealer didnt have it repaired in the agreed upon amount of time. Hold on to your money until your completely satisfied with the trailer.
          2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post
            Congratulations, we love our 337RLS.
            Make sure you are prepared for the PDI, we walked away from one because it was damaged and the dealer didnt have it repaired in the agreed upon amount of time. Hold on to your money until your completely satisfied with the trailer.
            I'm intrigued by your truck and camper combo noting that the truck was gas. How is your towability with that truck and heavy camper? 14K lbs is right at the max for that engine at sea level. It's gotta be working hard during every tow. I live in CO and I'm not sure that I've seen too many---if any-- 3500 gas trucks here due to the altitude losses. Just curious!
            40-year Camping Enthusiast
            2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
            2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Originally posted by COReflection View Post

I'm intrigued by your truck and camper combo noting that the truck was gas. How is your towability with that truck and heavy camper? 14K lbs is right at the max for that engine at sea level. It's gotta be working hard during every tow. I live in CO and I'm not sure that I've seen too many---if any-- 3500 gas trucks here due to the altitude losses. Just curious!
              I estimate mine at a little over 12k, the gasser pulls just fine if you drive it like a gasser. It lacks the torque of the diesel but I have around 6k miles on this combo and I never felt like it was a mistake to go gas.Theres a few good grades between home and Florida that require me to run the throttle but most of the time I run 64 MPH and leave the cruise on. It pulls fine in 5th gear at about 2100rpm. Frankly my 2005 Duramax was a complete turd and its a WAY longer story than I care to type. This truck actually tows way better and I dont have to hear the fan howl. Although we havent been out West with this one and pulled those long grades. My D-max made the trip to Yellowstone through Estes park and RMNP and fell flat on its nose at elevation. The LLY was not a stellar engine. Its lack of towing ability and expensive repairs left me not wanting to be a diesel beta tester for GM any longer. The L5P is a better engine than mine was but it still has its own set of faults and engineering screw ups.
              2021 Reflection 337RLS, 2021 Silverado 3500HD 6.6 gas. Nellie the wonder boxer

Comment

familytruckster4 I still have an LLY (it has a few things done to it to help with heating), I had an LBZ (much better cooling), and now am on my second L5P (first one had no issues, just wanted a new truck for color).

I'll admit the LLY was not the best when it came to the updates. I partially blame the government for it based on the guideline changes in emissions. Everyone struggled for 10 years to meet the requirements.

I will say that with the driver side exhaust manifold change, the change in the downpipes, and opening up the exhaust, things did help a lot. There may be a couple of other things there as well. It does run a banks tuner set on level 3 majority of the time with an Inglewood transmission. I've been through the injector plug issue.

All in, I do miss driving her on a regular basis. The 18 has more creature comforts. The 04 just rides better IMHO.

If I did not tow the camper, I would probably drop back to a gas engine or a smaller platform with a diesel.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Thank you everyone!!!! Correction signature. Our 3500 HD has the Duramax diesel

They said it should be here 2-3 weeks and we live hour south of Cleveland Oh so the weather will be an issue.
                  Last edited by Jay HHI6818; 12-21-2022, 09:43 PM.
                  Jay & Patty Wallace
                  2023 Reflection 337 RLS
                  2022 Silverado 3500 HD High Country Duramax 6.6L Allison 10 SP

Comment

Hi Jay,

You certainly have enough truck to comfortably haul a 337.

For a proper PDI, the dealer should drain the factory anti-freeze from the system and fill with water. This should be done in their heated service facility . . . not outside. Your trailer will have an on demand propane water heater. After demonstrating all functions, the dealer should rewinterize the water system with antifreeze, following factory instructions, particularly for the water heater.

Rob
                    Cate & Rob
                    2015 Reflection 303RLS
                    Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Don't forget to have the dealer show you how to get to the back of the HWH. It's critical for the winterization of the unit.

Beware the "red knob" (not the blue wire for those of you that get the reference). Have the dealer show you this knob if it's a Furrion as that is I think the only way to get the water out of the mixing chamber without firing the unit.

About 1/3 - 1/2 way down the page next to "Steady Temperature" it shows the mixing chamber and just to the right up against the plate (yes it's on the hard to reach side) the knurled knob is visible. https://furrion.com/products/2-4gpm-...s-water-heater

On page 12 and 13 of the manual: https://cdn.accentuate.io/4486627065...9835638826.pdf

After blowing out the lines on ours and removing the filter and drain, I still found water by exercising the red knob.
                      Joseph
                      Tow
                      Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                      Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                      South of Houston Texas

Comment

Originally posted by familytruckster4 View Post

I estimate mine at a little over 12k, the gasser pulls just fine if you drive it like a gasser. It lacks the torque of the diesel but I have around 6k miles on this combo and I never felt like it was a mistake to go gas.Theres a few good grades between home and Florida that require me to run the throttle but most of the time I run 64 MPH and leave the cruise on. It pulls fine in 5th gear at about 2100rpm. Frankly my 2005 Duramax was a complete turd and its a WAY longer story than I care to type. This truck actually tows way better and I dont have to hear the fan howl. Although we haven't been out West with this one and pulled those long grades. My D-max made the trip to Yellowstone through Estes park and RMNP and fell flat on its nose at elevation. The LLY was not a stellar engine. Its lack of towing ability and expensive repairs left me not wanting to be a diesel beta tester for GM any longer. The L5P is a better engine than mine was but it still has its own set of faults and engineering screw ups.
                        Thanks for the response. Sorry to hear about your early diesel experiences. I guess mine have been totally different. I've owned allot of GM trucks in the last 30+ years and had great luck with all of them. Growing up in OH, my dad tried Fords and then went to Chevys and never left. Most of my trucks were gas until the last four of them starting in 2007.5 with the newly designed and released LMM D-Max and Allison. We towed here in CO with the 5.7 and the 8.1. Both were working too hard here in CO to tow even 8K lbs. I then moved to my first diesel...the LMM and it was amazing. I kept that truck for 12 years and it never returned to the dealer with any issues and we pulled our 8K lb 31' Forest River camper all over the US each year. We then upgraded to a huge 40' 16K lb Montana and pulled that camper one year with the LMM. The truck did it's best but it was just too much up the mountains. I then sold it and upgraded to the re-designed 2017 L5P. I could not believe the difference in pulling power and temps, The truck was amazing! We used that truck for over three years again pulling this huge brick through the wind and up/down the mountains with no issues. I then decided that I loved the new body style of the 2020- recent and wanted the 10-speed Allison trans. I ordered a new 2022 Sierra AT4 3500 D-Max and 8.5 weeks later it arrived. We used it all summer going up some of the most intense passes like Wolf Creek here in CO and Teton on the way to Yellowstone. The power and torque was so amazing with the 10-speed, I felt like I was driving one of my 600+ HP Chevelles. It runs crazy good and pulls at very low RPM. As an engine guy who's worked on cars for 40+ years, I pay attention to the RPMs and such as I know what happens to engines that work hard all the time at high RPMs. We have nearly 7K miles now on the new truck and I am beyond impressed with the performance, the luxury of the truck, the ride and suspension, and the overall quality. I would not trade it for any of the other trucks on the market today nor do I think any pull any better than this one. I drive all my campers to the the West speed limits so I am normally pulling at 75-85 MPH and that is up and down the huge mountains and around the switchbacks. Coming back from Yellowstone last fall, I looked down and was doing 92 MPH across Wyoming. The truck was so smooth and I felt like I was reclining in an easy chair.

I'm glad to hear that you are happy with the gas truck. They are all amazing trucks and work well to support our hobbies.

Comment

Congrats to the OP. Agreed with the posts mentioning to do a thorough PDI before signing anything or handing over the money. The dealer I worked with pushed very hard that I took care of the financial part before the PDI and I refused and had to repeat myself many times to get them to reverse their normal order. It made our process a little longer but it gave me better peace of mind. There was nothing major wrong with my unit (that I knew of or would be able to catch at the time anyway, hah). Having them do the PDI in their heated indoor service area with de-winterization and re-winterization is a perfectly reasonable ask but you may need to push them for these things; don't let the excitement of your new rig and them wanting to close the deal ASAP sway you from doing a proper walkthrough. It'll take time but be well worth it. When it comes to re-winterization, I would do a little (or a lot) of research on these boards about how to drain and run antifreeze through the water heater and make sure it's done the proper way. If it were me I would not take their word for it being done correctly. Good luck!

I hate to keep a derailed side conversation going, but in reply to the GM gas vs diesel engines in the mountains, my L8T gasser has been a workhorse and I love it. We took it into Colorado and New Mexico this past fall and a couple of the higher destinations were Estes Park (~7500ft), Great Sand Dunes (~7000ft) and we hit one campground in southern CO that had us towing up to 9,000ft (Zapata Falls); we had zero problems with power loss or massive fuel economy drop due to the elevation. We weighed in at about 11.5k trailer weight fully loaded when we left home in Illinois. This was my first time towing in mountains and it was significantly easier and less stressful than I expected. I was a bit worried before we left home that I would regret not purchasing the duramax, and although I have no doubt the duramax would've made it even easier, I absolutely love our truck.
                          David and Deana
                          2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4, CC, SRW, 6.6L L8T Gas, MYD 6-Speed
                          2022 Reflection 303RLS w/ Gen-Y Executive Gooseneck Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by WondersAwait View Post
                            The dealer I worked with pushed very hard that I took care of the financial part before the PDI . . .
                            FWIW, this seems to be a "normal" process at an RV dealership. We were faced with a similar requirement by our dealer. The compromise that we reached was that we were allowed to do our own walk-through and examination before signing the paperwork and then they would do a formal PDI accompanied by their employee. Remember to look at the roof (even from the top of the ladder if they won't allow you on the roof) and the underbelly looking for any signs of cutting open the coroplast for repairs. We did not find anything concerning in our static examination and as it turned out, the employee they sent to do the post sale PDI knew less about the trailer than I did.

I also spoke with the Service Manager before closing the deal and got a verbal commitment that anything found during our PDI would be quickly taken care of and they did remedy the few minor things that we found, before delivery the following weekend.

Many of the online PDI lists are overwhelming. Learning and remembering everything in a few hours is exhausting. Focus on fit and finish and particularly anything that might be argued could have happened after delivery (scratches, dents, etc) Even an exhaustive PDI will not find issues that will arise after you have lived in the trailer for a while.

Rob

Cate & Rob
                            2015 Reflection 303RLS
                            Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Cate&Rob View Post

FWIW, this seems to be a "normal" process at an RV dealership. We were faced with a similar requirement by our dealer. The compromise that we reached was that we were allowed to do our own walk-through and examination before signing the paperwork and then they would do a formal PDI accompanied by their employee. Remember to look at the roof (even from the top of the ladder if they won't allow you on the roof) and the underbelly looking for any signs of cutting open the coroplast for repairs. We did not find anything concerning in our static examination and as it turned out, the employee they sent to do the post sale PDI knew less about the trailer than I did.

I also spoke with the Service Manager before closing the deal and got a verbal commitment that anything found during our PDI would be quickly taken care of and they did remedy the few minor things that we found, before delivery the following weekend.

Many of the online PDI lists are overwhelming. Learning and remembering everything in a few hours is exhausting. Focus on fit and finish and particularly anything that might be argued could have happened after delivery (scratches, dents, etc) Even an exhaustive PDI will not find issues that will arise after you have lived in the trailer for a while.

Rob
                              Are there dealers that won't allow the potential owner on the roof for an inspection before you buy it? That would be a huge red flag for me..... I told my latest dealer that I was doing my own walk through and examination before I signed ANY paperwork or moved forward with the deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X