Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New and need advice

Hello,
    Just joined with the recent purchase of my 2022 Imagine xls 21BHE. New to travel trailers. I have a few questions concerning the trailer:
    1. Recommended Back Up Camera ( understand the rv is wired for furrion) is a certain model better than others?
    2. How do I know my hot water heater is full before turning on the electric or propane?
    3. Where I am going to store my trailer there is an electric receptacle to plug in RVs. The GD manual instructs to turn off the battery disconnect switch and remove the key. If I remove the key, will my batteries charge from the electric receptacle?
    I would appreciate any advice pertaining to the above questions. Thanks in advance,
    FredO​

Welcome to the group. Be certain to read the owners welcome letter. https://gdrvowners.com/forum/main-fo...to-new-members

1 - Research. Some have better review than others. There are several write ups here about which cameras people have had the bet results with. Also those not using Furrion had just screwed the camera to the existing housing after clipping the wires and attaching to their camera of choice.
    2 - If you have a tankless, just run all of the hot taps until no more air comes out. If a tanked heater, again run the taps slowly until air stops. In either case ensure the bypasss is not active.
    3 - if not plugging in, then disconnect the negative battery lead (buried a bit farther down in the manual) as several components in the camper are still powered with the key removed. If the key is removed typically the battery is isolated from the converter. Easy to check by removing the key and seeing if any lights work inside OLNY TURN ON LIGHTS. If lights work, then the converter is on the opposite side of the disconnect from the battery.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Hi Fred,
      To add to Joseph's input:

Originally posted by FredO View Post
      Recommended Back Up Camera...​
      Enter the following search string into Google or DuckDuckGo's search engine: camera site:gdrvowners.com When I tried it there was a page full of threads that returned. (The search engine that's on this vbulletin site is not the best.)

How do I know my hot water heater is full before turning on the electric or propane?

Which water heater is in your Imagine? I assume the Furrion, but since you wrote "electric or propane" you could have a 6 gallon Suburban?

Where I am going to store my trailer there is an electric receptacle to plug in RVs. The GD manual instructs to turn off the battery disconnect switch and remove the key. If I remove the key, will my batteries charge from the electric receptacle?​
      ​​

IMO THE most misrepresented device (by name) on every GDRV is the infamous Battery Disconnect, since it does NOT completely disconnect the battery from the RV. What it does is disconnect the battery from the Power Distribution Panel (PDP). The PDP is where all the circuit breakers and most of the RV's fuses are located. Your Imagine likely has many devices powered by the battery that bypass the PDP.

With all that verbiage out of the way, if you're going to be plugged into power you can leave the Battery Disconnect ON (engaged) assuming you'll be back at the rig on a regular basis. (If the battery is a wet-cell lead acid occasional maintenance is required to ensure the water level is topped off.) If you won't be back at the rig until spring, charge up the battery at the storage facility and then disconnect the negative side of the battery. (Look in your manual--for long term storage it is recommended to do just that.)

Howard
      Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Thank you all for the input.

Comment

Working...
        X