Howdy from Barb and Lyle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howdy from Barb and Lyle

We are one of the early adopters when we purchased our 2015 in late 2014. Minnesota brings short camping seasons so we maximize it by getting out every weekend plus a vacation in the middle of the camping season. We love our Solitude 369RL and continue to invest in upgrades and mods.

Hello to many of our friends on another forum!
    Barb, Lyle and the two four-legged kids
    2015 Solitude 369RL #3521
    2018 Ford F350 DRW

Hi Barb and Lyle! Good to see ya here!
    Steve, Sue, and pups Sky & Sierra
    2017 Grand Design Reflection 297RSTS
    2017 F350 CC, LB, 4x4, 6.7 Blue Ox WD

Comment

Welcome , glad to have you here with us.

Brian
      Brian & Michelle
      2018 Reflection 29RS
      2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

I recall when you came on board several years ago along with just a few of us back then. GDRV.....what the heck is that ! Hardly ever saw one then.......now they are everywhere.

Dan
        Dan & Carol
        2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
        2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD - 2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Comment

Glad you're here guys! Welcome
          Paul and Deb Cervone
          2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
          2021 Imagine XLS 17MKE - SOLD; 2015 Reflection 337RLS - SOLD
          2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

Another early GDRV purchaser joins us. Welcome! How's that vintage unit holding up?

Jim and Ginnie
            2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
            GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
            GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Originally posted by TucsonJim View Post
              Another early GDRV purchaser joins us. Welcome! How's that vintage unit holding up?
              Hi Jim,

This past spring we looked at a new Solitude 380FL and really liked the floor plan and rear storage. I have had great success with my 2015 Solitude over the past 4+ years. We have made several upgrades over the past 3 years and are hard pressed to jump to a new rig to experience the "debug" all over again. With the 2015 Solitude it's been interior trim occasionally needs fixing. The single biggest event for us was the blown hot water heater hose, not Pex, at the beginning of a beautiful weekend. Rob Farrow's documentation provided the quick fix the following day.

We have upgraded the following to avoid future problems.
              • WFCO converter is now a Progressive Dynamics
              • Lippert axles are now MORryde IS with the disc brakes
              • Progressive Industry EMS is now built into the coach
              • Roto-Flex pin box is not a MORryde RPB
              • FlowJet water pump is now an AquaJet ARV
              • Roof vents, kitchen and bathroom, are now the MAXXfan Deluxe with better thermostatic controls. Great going down the road.
              • Water filter system with water softening is built-in. More work in the queue (replace KantLeak)
              • MORryde reel mounted in the storage bay.
              • SmartPlug inlet with their cordset.
              Several projects yet to go as well but the coach continues to perform to my expectations. Struggling to find a reason to upgrade...maybe when the rig turns 10 years old in 2025.
              2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by CloseToRetirement View Post
                [*]FlowJet water pump is now an AquaJet ARV
                Can tell me about this pump? Is it quieter than the Flowjet? Was it a Plug and Play replacememt? Did you add an Accumulator tank?
                Paul and Deb Cervone
                2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

The AquaJet ARV is slightly quieter, pulsing noise versus hard vibration, but the variable speed for water demand was my greater interest. I can open a single faucet and get good pressure then open a second faucet and the pressure doesn't change as the pump meets the demand. I wanted to avoid the accumulator tank and this product does that. Also I found a quick flush of the toilet doesn't always engage the pump and the DW likes that in the middle of the night.

I have some different mounts for the pump (similar to what Rob Farrow used) sitting on the shelf for the plumbing project to replace the KantLeak valve. More on that when I get to that plumbing project but working to further quiet the pump. My pump is located behind the "cold air returns" from the main level and directly beneath the bathroom which resonates some noise to the coach so isolation is important during the plumbing project.

Yes, this was a Plug and Play replacement for the water connections however the electrical required an upgrade as it draws more power. This pump also can run dry without damage. I wouldn't recommend long term dry but it does not require a prime.
                  2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Originally posted by CloseToRetirement View Post
                    Yes, this was a Plug and Play replacement for the water connections however the electrical required an upgrade as it draws more power. This pump also can run dry without damage. I wouldn't recommend long term dry but it does not require a prime.
                    So did you have to run heavier gauge wire all the way from the fuse panel or what does this actually mean?
                    Paul and Deb Cervone
                    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                    2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

The OEM Flojet was a 7 amp fuse on the interior panel. The Aquajet requires a 15 amp fuse and a Intellitec relay so yes some additional wire routing was necessary. Attached is a diagram showing the original on top and the after on the bottom. Change the fuse in the panel run the 12 AWG wire from the panel to the relay, mounted in the basement on the wall near the pump. I used the balance of the existing wire.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Page 0001.jpg
Views:	464
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1180
                      2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Thanks Barb or is it Lyle?
                        Paul and Deb Cervone
                        2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
                        2016 GMC Denali 3500 SRW

Comment

You're welcome and it's Lyle on the threads. Good catch on missing my name on responses.
                          2018 Ford F350 DRW

Comment

Working...
                          X