No announcement yet.

Back-up camera issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, mystery solved. I received an email from Lippert. They informed me of a reset button under the camera. Powered the thing up by plugging the rig to my truck and turning on the running lights. Pressed the button (lower RH on the camera) for 10 seconds. Reinitialized the app on the phone and it found it. It works as well as can be expected using a phone for a rear view camera. That is to say, “not very well”.

No need for the adapter at this point.

My truck has “CarPlay”. Some of the apps on my phone show up on the center stack screen. Now to figure out how to get the back up camera app to work on that. So far it has not gone well. If not, then figure out if it makes sense to just buy a better camera (with a screen) or buy the Lippert screen.

Thanks again for everyone’s input.
    David & Lucie
    2023 Reflection 303RLS
    2022 F350 Platinum CC SB SRW

Comment

Good to hear it is working. I use my iPad as the monitor. Not a great picture but it is better than a phone.
      2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
      2022 Reflection 303RLS, Progressive hardwired EMS, Airborne Sidewinder​
      YouTube Chanel

Comment

Since this is the most recent Furrion Vision camera issue thread I thought I would post this here.

Has anyone found any other fixes for the Furrion Vision S camera not working with the newer truck, 2022 Chevy in particular? The only thing I can find is the $55 adaptor cable from Furrion, which can not be the only fix available. I have thought about wiring a switch into the junction box on the pin box to turn on the marker lights when I need the camera but not sure about back feeding the truck circuit. I can go with out the camera but it is handy to have at times.

Brian
        Brian & Michelle
        2018 Reflection 29RS
        2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Originally posted by Country Campers View Post
          Since this is the most recent Furrion Vision camera issue thread I thought I would post this here.

Has anyone found any other fixes for the Furrion Vision S camera not working with the newer truck, 2022 Chevy in particular? The only thing I can find is the $55 adaptor cable from Furrion, which can not be the only fix available. I have thought about wiring a switch into the junction box on the pin box to turn on the marker lights when I need the camera but not sure about back feeding the truck circuit. I can go with out the camera but it is handy to have at times.

Brian
          I haven’t tried it yet, but my plan is to disconnect the 12v feed from the 7 pin when I install my DC-DC charger. I will then rewire the trailer side so that the 12v feed goes to the running lights. Running lights will always be on when the truck is running.
          2022 Ram 2500 4x4, 6.7 Cummins, RamBox, Air Lift 5000 Ultimate Plus, B&W Companion
          YouTube Chanel

Comment

Brian
            I bought the adapter from Etrailer for my rear Haloview and it works flawless on my 2022 GMC AT4 Sierra. I have no need for the DC charger with solar panels and camping on the summer weekends.
            40-year Camping Enthusiast
            2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
            2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Originally posted by Jomani View Post

I haven’t tried it yet, but my plan is to disconnect the 12v feed from the 7 pin when I install my DC-DC charger. I will then rewire the trailer side so that the 12v feed goes to the running lights. Running lights will always be on when the truck is running.
              I like this idea... could easily do this in the junction box under the pin box. Just disconnect trailer side running lights (green I think) from the truck feed and then reconnect (jumper) to truck side 12V+.

Then I can leave my truck headlights on AUTO.

Nice!
              Ken & Sandra
              2021 303RLS | 2020 F350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 SB SRW

Comment

Is this something that could be used to fully power the camera Amazon.com: Gebildet JD1912 Car Relay Harness 12V 40A 4 Pin SPST Harness Sockets with Color-Labeled Wires for Automotive Truck Van Motorcycle Boat (Pack of 2) : Automotive​. What I am thinking is if I install this in the Michtung box that I installed I would get the signal from the truck light circuit, power and ground from inside the box and attach the marker lights for the RV to the output side.
                Will there be any harm in this?

Brian
                Brian & Michelle
                2018 Reflection 29RS
                2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Is this something that could be used to fully power the camera Amazon.com: Gebildet JD1912 Car Relay Harness 12V 40A 4 Pin SPST Harness Sockets with Color-Labeled Wires for Automotive Truck Van Motorcycle Boat (Pack of 2) : Automotive​. What I am thinking is if I install this in the Michtung box that I installed I would get the signal from the truck light circuit, power and ground from inside the box and attach the marker lights for the RV to the output side.
                  Will there be any harm in this?

Brian
                  FWIW---I've had lots of trouble with those cheap overseas relays from Amazon for some of the car restoration work that I do in my shop. I now avoid them. I had trouble with them sticking on and not releasing the coil. I would pay $20+ for a good relay or just get the adapter from Etrailer as I noted above and be done. I like to do things once and be done---and I've learned in life-- cheaper is normally not better.

Dave
                  40-year Camping Enthusiast
                  2022 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS with tons of upgrades
                  2022 GMC Sierra 3500 AT4 CC LB SRW D-Max 3865 Cargo Capacity

Comment

Just purchased a new 367BHS and can’t get the backup camera to connect. Am I correct that I will need a wifi gateway before I can connect the camera?
                    Jim V

Comment

adding to my previous question regarding backup camera connection. I was hoping for a simple Bluetooth connection to my phone rather than a Wi-Fi router
                      Jim V

Comment

Take a look at this video. It is a competitor’s product (hopefully that doesn’t break any rules on this site) but the setup for the camera is the same. Skip to 7:20 in the video for the camera setup.

Edit:
                        I felt so bad putting a link here for a competitors RV that I went ahead and created my own video..
                        Last edited by Jomani; 05-03-2023, 01:21 AM.
                        YouTube Chanel

Comment

Below is a link to the video I created showing how to configure the Lippert Insight Back-up Camera that came with my 303RLS. One thing that seems to confuse people is the fact that the camera creates it’s own wireless network. That network is identified by the SSID number that can be found on the bottom of the camera. When connecting a smart phone or tablet (I use my iPad), the communication occurs over that wireless connection.

Click here to view the video
                          Last edited by Jomani; 05-03-2023, 05:22 PM.
                          YouTube Chanel

Comment

Working...
                          X