New solitude owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New solitude owner

Hi. I just bought a solitude 378mbs-r and had some questions. Does anyone know if you can shut the motion sensor light off in the hallway? The tv antenna don’t pickup any channels and it only has an antenna hookup in the main living area not in the bedrooms. Any tips on getting the power antenna to work?

Hi Hman.

Regarding the antenna. Somewhere in your RV, you most likely have a connector that looks like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Antenna.jpg
Views:	287
Size:	39.6 KB
ID:	114419

Verify that there is a coax connected between the the connection labeled TV and the input on the television. Then push the power button to turn on the antenna amplifier. Once you've done that, you'll need to go into the menu for your TV, set it up for over the air via antenna, and then scan for active channels.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Regarding the motion sensor light in the hall way. The light switch most likely has a three position switch. Turned one way, the light is constantly on. Turned the opposite way, it's a motion sensor. And the middle position is off.

Jim
      Jim and Ginnie
      2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
      GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
      GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Thanks for the response. I’ve tried everything you mentioned on the antenna. I’ll try your tip on the light

Comment

Double check that the red light comes on when you press the button. You may need to pull the cover and check the coax connection on the back. Seems I remember someone had one where the coax was on the wrong ports.
          Joseph
          Tow
          Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
          Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
          South of Houston Texas

Comment

I recently thought I was having issues with my tv antenna or the amplifier pictured above and chatted with Winegard via their website to order a new one as I couldn’t find a part number. During the chat they asked for my zip code and ran a scan for my area and let me know that in our current location all the over the air channel signals were very poor, they also sent me a link to the website they use. https://www.rabbitears.info/searchmap.php

If the motion sensor light is the small light near the floor I think they are all hard wired with no switches.
            Scott & Mikaela
            2022 375 RES
            2020 F-350 DRW

Comment

The motion light has no switch. I’m just going to buy a new one with a switch. I checked everything for the antenna, connections and power is on to the power antenna still no channels. My old camper with the crank up antenna worked good in the same spot as the new camper is parked.

Comment

Hman The new dome antennae sometimes cannot see over things like air conditioners and I will agree do not have the same pick up potential as some of the older directional antennae.

For the step switch, several people have commented on the same issue. Wonder if you could add a switch to the existing so that it's either on (with motion) or off. Luckily ours is just a light controlled by the step switch on the panel.
                Joseph
                Tow
                Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
                Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
                South of Houston Texas

Comment

Working...
                X