New 2970RL Owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2970RL Owner

We just picked up our Imagine 2970RL and we love it. We're looking forward to reading the various posts and replies on here to learn more about our trailer. We're not new to RVing but are new to Grand Design. We did a lot of homework over the past couple of years and spoke to a lot of folks at the campgrounds that we stayed at while traveling. Grand Design was highly recommended by everyone so that made our final choice pretty easy. So, we're on the road for a few more days as we weave our way back home which will provide us a chance to learn more about our trailer. Glad to be a member here and if there are any other forums, groups, Facebook pages, etc. that you might recommend please let us know.
    Jon & Sally
    (along with our pups - Heidi, Hans, and Hannah)

2022 GMC Denali Duramax 3500 DRW
    2023 Imagine 2970 RL​

Welcome Jon and Sally and the three "H" pups.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

We are also owners of a new 2970RL and we love everything about the layout. We did have a couple of hiccups with the shower which we ended up recaulking because it leaked in one corner and the hot and cold were backwards on the shower faucet. Relatively easy fixes as we didn't want to haul it 90 minutes to the dealer to deal with it.
      2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
      2023 F-350 SRW 7.3 Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post
        We are also owners of a new 2970RL and we love everything about the layout. We did have a couple of hiccups with the shower which we ended up recaulking because it leaked in one corner and the hot and cold were backwards on the shower faucet. Relatively easy fixes as we didn't want to haul it 90 minutes to the dealer to deal with it.
        The hot and cold in our shower are reversed too. Please let me know how you fixed it.. Hopefully, we won't have a shower leak. How did you discover that you had one and where did you end up caulking?
        Jon & Sally

2023 Imagine 2970 RL​

Comment

Originally posted by JLA956 View Post

The hot and cold in our shower are reversed too. Please let me know how you fixed it.. Hopefully, we won't have a shower leak. How did you discover that you had one and where did you end up caulking?
          This is the picture I found that had me realize the fix was easy. On mine the pipes were actually backwards with blue/cold on the left and red/hot on the right. Just unscrewed the threaded fitting you can see on the back and switched them. I then re-caulked around the part that screws to the wall. The shower base was leaking in the front right corner when you are standing outside the shower facing it so I caulked the whole bottom of the base where it meets the wall just to be safe. I think the shower was installed on a Friday afternoon by someone wanting to go home from the factory. Not sure how you can screw up which side the water connects to when it's even colour coded.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Water lines in shower.png Views:	0 Size:	322.7 KB ID:	115156
          2023 Grand Design Imagine 2970RL
          2023 F-350 SRW 7.3 Crew Cab

Comment

Originally posted by pappcam View Post

This is the picture I found that had me realize the fix was easy. On mine the pipes were actually backwards with blue/cold on the left and red/hot on the right. Just unscrewed the threaded fitting you can see on the back and switched them. I then re-caulked around the part that screws to the wall. The shower base was leaking in the front right corner when you are standing outside the shower facing it so I caulked the whole bottom of the base where it meets the wall just to be safe. I think the shower was installed on a Friday afternoon by someone wanting to go home from the factory. Not sure how you can screw up which side the water connects to when it's even colour coded.

Click image for larger version Name:	Water lines in shower.png Views:	0 Size:	322.7 KB ID:	115156
            Thanks for sharing - this will give me something to do once we get back home! I'm also going to have to figure out how to fix (reposition) the fridge door latch. The freezer door latch is aligned properly and catches the way it should. However, the fridge door latch slides under the catch and won't engage. I've removed the screws from the latching plate to see if there is any adjustment but there is not. So, that leaves me to believe that the door needs to be moved up about an 1/8" so that it will engage properly.
            Jon & Sally

2023 Imagine 2970 RL​

Comment

Working...
            X