New 2022 Imagine 2500 RL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 2022 Imagine 2500 RL

After a lot of research we purchased our brand new 2022 Imagine 2500 RL last September and to be honest we’ve had a disappointing go! Did something happen with Grand Design’s quality control the year our trailer was built?? I’ve also reached out to Grand Design and have never received a response, which has been disappointing because I’ve heard rave reviews about their customer service. We’ve had a list of at least a dozen things go wrong with our camper and while our dealership has been great at trying to help us I truly believe Grand Design should be aware they’ve really dropped the ball! We’ve taken our camper on 3 trips totaling 15 nights and every trip has had issues pop up from failed slide out and no heat to leaking shower and dead fridge. Getting frustrated to say the least!!

Even with all the bad we’ve had going on and still even unresolved…we still love our camper, but would be much happier if GDRV actually responded and took care of our issues!

We upgraded from a 2011 Rockwood Tent Trailer and love the trailer itself (without issues which we have yet to experience) and the floor plan is perfect for us…just hope we can see that highly rated customer service kick into action for us sooner than later!

Sam, Steph & Zoey
    2022 Imagine 2500 RL
    2015 Toyota Tundra

Sam,

Try contacting customer service via e-mail. customerservice@granddesignrv.com. Make sure to include your VIN in your correspondence.

Jim
    Jim and Ginnie
    2024 Solitude 310GK - 2020 F350 Dually
    GDRV Technical Forum Moderator
    GDRV Rally Support Coordinator

Comment

Welcome! So sorry to hear this news as an Imagine owner. I tossed the idea of a 2022 versus a 2023. For us, God was looking out for us as he usually does. Every time we looked at a 2021 or 2022 unit, by the time we were ready to pull the trigger......it was gone! This included our current purchased model the 23 LDE. The first LDE unit that I was able to get my wife to sit and kick ended up selling within 2 days of our visit. The dealership was able to work with one of their sister stores to divert a factory delivery to us in January 2023. Even with some delays, I told my wife if God wants to have it.....it will come through. It finally arrived about 1 1/2 weeks later. The dealer found a few items wrong as they prepared it for our final walk through, but we ended up getting an independent inspection done.....best money we spent. The inspector found a few items that would have caused us some issues down the road for sure. By failing to sign the purchase agreement until they addressed the issues kept us from that downfall. There was one item that required a factory (warranty) part to be called in for, but kudos to our dealer. They had us bring our unit in at 90 days after purchase for a 12 point check up and to address any issues that we found along the way. Enough ranting.......

I hope that you can figure out your issues and get them fixed. Our communication with GD customer service has been good....no delays, no drops, etc. I've heard your story too many times. Good luck.
      2023 GD Imagine XLS 23 LDE
      2021 Toyota Tundra CM 4x4 5.7L
      Roadmaster Active Suspension (RAS)
      Curt Tru-Track 4P (8k) WDH
      Haloview BT-7 w/ Side Marker Cameras

Comment

Thanks…yes we LOVE the camper and are still happy with our choice…sounds like all RVs have their issues and you just got to get them worked out, which we are willing to fight through….just nice to feel supported! This seems to be a very helpful resource as well!

We had sent an email to that address suggested by Jim, but got back a general sorry. May try again as we just feel a brand new rig shouldn’t have this kind of issue list after 3 trips!
        Sam, Steph & Zoey
        2022 Imagine 2500 RL
        2015 Toyota Tundra

Comment

Working...
        X