Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Owner Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Hello All,

New owner here. Previously owned a 2021 Lance Model 1995. Wife wanted more room so we made the jump to a 5th wheel. Still learning some of the ins and outs of 5th wheel towing and living. So I will be looking for some help and happy to share what I have learned.

Thanks to all in advance,

Bob & Donna
    2023 Reflection 150 Series 295RL
    2023 Ford F250 Standard Bed
    B&W Companion Slider Hitch

Welcome to you both!

Brian
    Brian & Michelle
    2018 Reflection 29RS
    2022 Chevy 3500HD

Comment

Welcome Bob & Donna,

From your signature info, you have a good combination of trailer, truck and hitch. Your 295RL layout has long been Grand Design’s most popular across their different product lines (but, I do have a biased opinion after many years with our similar 303).

Rob
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Originally posted by Ramblin-Bob View Post
        Hello All,

New owner here. Previously owned a 2021 Lance Model 1995. Wife wanted more room so we made the jump to a 5th wheel. Still learning some of the ins and outs of 5th wheel towing and living. So I will be looking for some help and happy to share what I have learned.

Thanks to all in advance,

Bob & Donna
        Welcome to the both of you.

If I may - I recommend finding an empty parking lot and practice backing, turns, etc and get to know how your 5th wheel backs and tracks.Tail swing is important to know as well as inside tracking (sharp corners in town). .5th wheels track and back much differently than a TT.

Are you going to use the turning point feature of the pin box? If you do and need to take it in for service check to see if they want you to lock it out (remove wedge), and then remember to unlock it when you put the wedge back. I don't use my turning point and have it always locked out. Also if you do use the turning point feature get the correct wedge for your hitch. The provided generic one is not the best for some hitches.

Safe travels
        Keith
        2018 Reflection 150 Series 220RK 5th whee, Star White 2022 F350 King Ranch CC Long bed (HAL) (CCC 4062lbs), B&W 25K OEM Companion,. SteadyFast system, Trailer reverse lights, rear receiver spare tire holder, storage tube, sumo springs, Victron MultiPlus 12/120/3000, Solar, Custom 6K axles upgrade, and other modifications.

Comment

Ramblin-Bob Welcome to the family and the forum!
          Jerry and Kelly Powell, with Halo, Nash, Reid, Cleo, Rosie, and the two newest additions Shaggy and Bella..
          Nash County, NC
          2020 Solitude 390RK-R​

Comment

Working...
          X