New owner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New owner

Hello, we are new owners of a used 2014 303RLS. Not new to 5th wheels,we've owned a Jayco for 20 years. Looking to get up to speed on our Grand Design. Currently it is stored in Florida and we will be heading down from Michigan in a couple of weeks for about two and a half months. When we bought it the vent fan in the bathroom and the fan for the oven did not work, so they will need to be replaced. Since it's in Florida can someone help with the model number for the fans? Thanks for the help.
    2014 303RLS

Originally posted by Joel303rls View Post
    Hello, we are new owners of a used 2014 303RLS. Not new to 5th wheels,we've owned a Jayco for 20 years. Looking to get up to speed on our Grand Design. Currently it is stored in Florida and we will be heading down from Michigan in a couple of weeks for about two and a half months. When we bought it the vent fan in the bathroom and the fan for the oven did not work, so they will need to be replaced. Since it's in Florida can someone help with the model number for the fans? Thanks for the help.
    Welcome to the forum! Cate&Rob, a fellow owner on this forum, also owns a "legacy" 303RLS. I think you'll find him a wealth of knowledge on your specific GDRV.

There are options when it comes to replacing the fans. There is the relatively inexpensive OEM-style all the way up to MaxxAir Deluxe fans. The latter, which is what I'd install in my RV if I needed a new fan, is here: https://www.maxxair.com/products/fans/maxxfan-deluxe/

A thread you might find interesting: https://gdrvowners.com/forum/exterio...s-with-maxxair

Howard
    Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
    2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

Joel303rls Welcome to our Grand Design owners technical forum. As howson Howard says, I am a "legacy" 303RLS owner (I like that term . . . better than some alternatives the come to mind LOL!)

We have owned our 2015 303RLS (built in 2014) since new and I have maintained, upgraded, modified many things over the last decade (yikes!). If you search key words and my forum name using the Advanced search tool in the upper right corner (drop down menu) you will find information on pretty much everything to do with your trailer.

To the specifics of your questions, the roof vents are all the industry standard 14" square so, as Howard says, anything from a basic replacement fan to a top of the line MaxxAir unit will fit. The vent fan over the stove is a different device and typically the fan is not a problem. First, make sure the outside opening is unlatched. Beyond that, I would suspect an electrical problem. Bad switch, blown fuse, etc.

Beyond that, so much will depend on how the trailer has been stored, maintained and upgraded over its 10 years. If you are about to change out a roof vent, something to consider is the condition of the roof membrane. Our vintage of Reflections were the last to have EPDM membranes and this material has not lasted very well. Grand Design went to a new material in mid-2015. Unless your trailer has been stored inside for most of its life, you will need to consider replacing this membrane. The way to identify it is its "chalky" surface and dark coloured underside. The way to check the underside is to remove a roof vent fan inner trim ring and look for a tab of the roof membane folded into the roof opening.

Beyond that, every appliance was originally Atwood brand. These are no longer in production but some parts are still available and some replacement products fit better than others.

Ask away . . .

Rob
      Last edited by Cate&Rob; 02-07-2024, 08:56 AM.
      Cate & Rob
      (with Border Collies Molly & Angel + Kitties Hazel & Elsie)
      2015 Reflection 303RLS
      2022 F350 Diesel CC SB SRW Lariat
      Bayham, Ontario, Canada

Comment

Working...
      X