Replacing fans with Maxxair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacing fans with Maxxair?

Is this as easy as it looks? I really miss the maxxair fan in our old van vs whatever came in my momentum 21G. The ability to leave them open in the rain, and also adjust fan speed would be really nice.
    2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
    2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
    x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

NickinCO I think the vent size for camper roof vents is "Standard", thus meaning the opening is the same for all of them. You may need to go wireless or at vent controlled if running powered fans as replacement for powered fans. If there is not a powered fan already in the opening, it may get more challenging as you will need to find a way to get power to the vent.
    Joseph
    Tow
    Vehicle: 2024 GMC K3500 Denali Ultimate Diesel
    Coach: 303RLS Delivered March 5, 2021
    South of Houston Texas

Comment

Should be easy assuming the existing opening is adequate. Question is whether the current wiring will support the multi-speed fan coupled to a wall controller.

The big complaint I have on the Maxxair fan came with my trailer is the gear assembly that raises/lowers the vent. I used my vent a few times and destroyed the gear box. There was a thread on this forum (I think) that said this was all too common, so I have no idea how long my replacement will last.

If I were looking for a new fan I think I would look to see if there are any other brands that resemble the Maxxair?
      2020 Reflection 273MK
      2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

Comment

We have two in our rig. Love them. Started with the bath. Wife said right away, need one in the living area. Hardest part is removing the sealant from the old one on the roof. Just take your time and go slow. All in all pretty simple to install. We still close ours when we expect rain, just don't have the guts to try them open in a hard rain. We have seven months of living in ours since install. So far, knock on wood, we've not had any issues with the gearing.
        Grand Design Imagine 2450RL 2020 born 7/2019
        TV - 2007 Toyota Tundra 5.7 4X4 Limited w/Towing PKG under 30K miles, hanger queen until now

Comment

Originally posted by NickinCO View Post
          Is this as easy as it looks? I really miss the maxxair fan in our old van vs whatever came in my momentum 21G. The ability to leave them open in the rain, and also adjust fan speed would be really nice.
          Yes, it's easy. Hardest part is getting the old butyl off.

If you get the optional cover, FYI it does not sit flush against the roof.

Click image for larger version

Name:	PN3vZdW.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	80816

Name:	fLGJKgq.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	80817

Name:	ElOcE8m.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	54.5 KB
ID:	80818

Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Howard & Francine
          2017 Ford F-350 DRW, '19 315RLTSPlus

Comment

I'm taking out the weak/noisy stock bathroom vent fan in my Reflection and putting in a new Maxx Air 0007500K in this weekend. I read that the Maxx Air's sold on Amazon are not warrantied by Maxx Air, so once your Amazon return window is up, you're out of luck on warranty claims. I bought mine from e-Trailer which does provide the full warranty, and does a price match (plus an additional 15% off) on Amazon's price. Click image for larger version

Name:	Max Air Fan.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	80826
            Home Base: Fairfax, Virginia
            2021 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS Travel Trailer
            2002 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel 4X4 SRW

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmer View Post
              I'm taking out the weak/noisy stock bathroom vent fan in my Reflection and putting in a new Maxx Air 0007500K in this weekend. I read that the Maxx Air's sold on Amazon are not warrantied by Maxx Air, so once your Amazon return window is up, you're out of luck on warranty claims. I bought mine from e-Trailer which does provide the full warranty, and does a price match (plus an additional 15% off) on Amazon's price. Click image for larger version

Name:	Max Air Fan.JPG
Views:	351
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	80826
              I put this in our bunkroom and it has been great. I figured with our son in there it would be good to know we do not need to worry about him opening it or leaving it open, and it worked out cheaper than buying the fan and rain hood separate.
              Forum moderators are not GD employees--we are volunteers and owners presumably just like yourself. Unless specifically mentioned otherwise, we have nothing to gain should you choose to purchase a product or engage a service we discuss on this forum.

Neil Citro
              2018 Reflection 28BH Pepwave
              2019 F350 6.7L Long Bed Crew Cab

Comment

Awesome! Thanks for all the replies. The 7500 is what I had in our van for 3 years without issue. As for being worried about the rain- we spent about a month total in British Columbia and never closed it. It rained nearly every day. No issues!
                2022 Momentum 21G with factory 300w solar and generator
                2022 F-350 Lariat 6.7 PSD
                x2 206ah SOK LiFePO4 batteries

Comment

Working...
                X